Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After looking for a low mileage 08-10 black jeep for a little over 6months i found a 2010 blk srt jeep w/ only 7285 miles and they are asking $39,990. It has all the options minus the engine block heater. I would say the price is ok untill i heard that it was a buyback from chrysler because of a leaking sunroof, the issue has been fixed and there is no water damage in interior. One other thing is the rims have been slightly curbed and are a bit corrosion. So considering those issues what do you guys think is a good price to offer?

I dont mind the rims being curbed because i will get them blk chromed or refinshed eventually so that will help me drive the cost down aswell as the buyback issue. It doesnt matter how serious the issue was the "buyback" hurts the value of the vehicle now and if i decide to sell eventually it will affect it then. The salesmen agreed with me on that issue too.

So what im wondering is how much does it affect the price of the vehicle? I want to get the vehicle at the cheapest i can obviously but i kno everybody has to make a living and dont want to make an offer that is way low. Does anybody have any insight on how cheap the dealer gets buybacks then what i should offer, i deffinately wont be paying 39,990. I was thinking 37,500 out the door....thoughts guys?

Thanks Derek

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I was thinking 34-35 so 36.5 out the door would be a very good deal IMO.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
^^ i concur

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Yeah i think that 36 out the door would be a good deal!

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Ok so when I got my 2009 in April of 2009 (obviously the economy was in worse shape than it is now) I got it with 18 miles for $41,000. $39,990 seems pretty high to me but these jeeps do keep there value pretty well. Like others have said I would think somewhere around $36,000 or $36,500 would be the out of the door price I would ask for. It's always better to start low anyways and work your way up from there. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
I think you boyz are shooting to low..... That Jeep is still definitely worth 38 to 40k easy especially now since we know the 2012 Jeep is not moddable and the fact it has 7200 miles on it still........ If Derek can get it lower well thats cool..... I have an 08 modded up and would not .let it go for .less then 35k and I have 26k on mine...

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Jose....you gotta drive that thing a little more! I think 36k is a good start considering it was a buyback and how expensive these wheels are. It won't be cheap to refinish them, so including that in the price 36k out the door would be great.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Jose....you gotta drive that thing a little more! I think 36k is a good start considering it was a buyback and how expensive these wheels are. It won't be cheap to refinish them, so including that in the price 36k out the door would be great.
Yeah I do bro.... Well hopefully Derek gets them down to his number.....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
makes me feel stupid for paying 42 out the door for mine at 6.9% lol. oh well. 39s not bad for a 10. factory warranty will save you a couple g's too. like jose said, if you can get lower, great. if not, its still a good deal since the defects you mentioned will be replaced anyway at some point. good luck and post pics!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think 36k out the door would be a steal and I dont think the dealer will do that. Thats like paying 32k plus tax title license and doc. I can't imagine the dealer selling that for 32k. I paid 37,500 for my 2010 private party with 15k miles. If you can get it out the door for 38k you've done good.

The dealer is thinking 39,900 plus tax, title, license and doc fee. If a dealer has had a used vehicle 90 plus days then they will deal on it, if they just got it they may not.

Best of luck to you, you will love the Jeep. Don't be afraid to pay a little more if you have too, its worth it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
FWIW, I just paid $37,900 for a 2009 Modern Blue with 25K miles. I got a heck of a deal on my trade and this just might be the cleanest SRT8 on planet earth. I'm talking CLEAN and detailed out the a$$. It has every option minus the block heater however someone stole the kicker sub along the way. Also has the Mopar CAI installed.

I feel VERY good about my deal. I added up all the options and I believe this was a $52K+ truck original MSRP. I searched the entire country and these vehicles are holding their value extremely well which is true of the used market in general. Hence how I got such a high trade in on my current car. That's also why I was so set about getting one with every option. Wasn't much of a price delta that I saw on ones for sell with varying level of options. This will hold up nicely. Any real smoking deals I found out there eventually had something wrong with the vehicle. Scratches, higher miles, multiple owners, etc.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
FWIW, I picked my 07 - every option avaliable, 16k on to odo, immaculate condition ! this thing was babied.. even the engine bay is spotless, and im talking showroom spotless. I bought it off the lot about 4 months ago for 35k CDN plus a 30k trade so 5k out to door - local candian truck with one owner - was fully stock when i bought it

·
Registered
169 Posts
was thinking 36 out the door to would be a lovely price.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry for not getting back to all your guys responses sooner, i read through all them they were all very helpful. But unfortunately it didn't work out in getting the jeep, the dealer only went to 39k plus TTL down from 39900 which is pathetic. So it woulda been quite a bit over 40k which i didnt wanna spend. So the search is still on for a low mileage 09-10 srt black jeep, keep eye at for me would ya, thx

·
Registered
665 Posts
Considering you guys in the U.S. pay way less for them new .Us Canadians get screwed $55,000 + depending on options north of $60 loaded . I got my 07 full load except nav 38,000 miles from the original owner for $24,000 . 2010 with 10-20 KM are around $30-35 loaded and that's canadian dollars .Mind you they aren't that many up here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts