Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Am looking to own my first Jeep SRT8. There are very few Jeeps here with low mileage but I have seen this 2007 model with the 426 engine (engine was bought from http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/).

Below is what the owner described the Jeep as. I have yet to see it but wondering what the reliability on the 426 engine is with regards to daily driving (roughly 100kms a day). Is there any special servicing required compared to the normal SRT8 models? Anything I should look out for?

Thanks!

The owner described the Jeep as:

This the Real deal a 426 srt8 fast like nothing on the road drivers like a dream.
Crate Engine 426 "7.0 liter" from us with CNC Ported and polished head and intake manifold. Upgrade ecu very fast gear shift. full racing exhaust "long tube headers plus free flow."
Were talking NASCAR level performance as a daily drive.
Power rated at 630 horsepower and 890 NM
All new shocks, clutches, diving shafts, vent race brakes and carbon pads.
Drivers like a dream just way too fast for me sub 3,5 sec to 100 kmh
Motor and parts 8000 km upgrade brakes and pads "500km"
the its self has 95000 km but like new notthing to point on it.
indside done with alcatraz

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Does the 426 engine come with a warranty?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
426's go through a little more oil Im told...check it a little more.

Don't see mention of a new transmission...at 600+ Hp it is only a matter of time before it goes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The 600 h.p. number is probably to the crank, not the awd h.p. number. Still alot of power and will probably need the upgraded tranny. Sounds fun though. I would want the build sheet on the motor and a more detailed description of every other mod done to the jeep. Also look into the company that built the motor for quality and reliability reviews.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will find out about the warranty tomorrow and if the transmission has been upgraded.

AFAIK The engine was purchased from http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/ and installed locally here in Dubai.

Will find out about the others mods tomorrow because I too would like to know make of each mod.. for e.g. I own a 06 G35 now modified to 320bhp and can list every mod done to it.

Thanks all!

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Yeah like others have said, when you start pushing anywhere around 500WHP to these jeeps, the tranny can go in a hurry. I am sure those numbers are at the crank because no 426 is capable of putting 600 to the wheels yet without some sort of FI like a SC/Turbo/Nitrous. Heck even 440s have to be built and have lots of supporting mods to be pushing 600 to the wheels without FI.

Also regarding the oil, these motors burn through oil a lot quicker than the 6.1s. I change my oil around every 2,500 miles now with my 426. When I first got it, I changed it every 500 miles the first two times. You have to be really regimented with oil changes otherwise you will put some serious stress on these motors.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I havent noticed any increased oil consumption with mine although I've not really hammered it yet. Had an oil change this week and the old stuff came out as clean as it went in.

Not sure of those hp figures - then again up here all the numbers are out of whack!

Driveablity is good - loads of torque when you want it, docile when you dont. Looking forward to the snow returning so I can see what its like then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts