Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm up in Minnesota. I'm currently driving a Mazda RX8. I was 17, it was a steal, don't judge me. Anyway, living in MN with an RX8 you can imagine I needed to make a change. So, I'm turning in the the RX8 for the SRT8 in two days. I can't describe to you how incredible it will be to own one of these. I illegally raced the RX8 downtown in St. Paul, but I could never work on that damn rotary because it ran on magic. Now I'd like to graduate to the track and maybe some offroading. I will definitely need all your help. Any recommendations for chips, CAI, and exhaust would be great for starters. After that, anything to make my RST8 the most *****in' thing in the Midwest would be appreciated. Looking forward to talking with all of you.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
You are buying the wrong vehicle if you plan on any off roading. No chips. Most of us run Diablosport programmers. CAI buy what you like, you are talking 1 or 2 hp difference at most. Really you should use the search function for the most info.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts

·
Live For Today!!!
1,050 Posts
Yeah, that's how it starts...couple small mods...builds into a 1000hp track killer!
def. spent more on my upgrades than i did when i bought the jeep originally. still spent less so far than a new WK2 tho :D

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Lol "I might do a CAI" is how I started. I stopped keeping track of how much $$ I spent on mods after 25k. ;). Now I have a 2012. "I might do a CAI in this one as well" ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There a few of us up here in MN and Western WI with SRT8's. I have simple bolt on mods because I'm trying to keep my warranty for now. Another member on here has all the boltons and headers and lives in the cities. Like everyone said, CAI are all pretty much the same. Thats just the start though. I would definitly add a catch can as well. I couldn't believe how much oil that thing catches after 3,000 miles. You will definitly like the low end power of the Jeep coming from an RX8. It will be a night and day difference!

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
There are great deals in the classifieds on here for lightly used mods. I've got a couple of CAI's for sale myself.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To be honest I've never really been into off roading. I just thought maybe now I have the capability I'd give it a shot but thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll probably start with the diablo and a vorta cai. Really looking forward to this.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
My suggestion. Find local guys that have MODS done and ask LOTS of questions. It gets real expensive if you rush and buy something only to swap it out when you find something you like better ;)

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
welcome to the forum.

I, like many don't want to think about how much mod money I have spent on my jeep.

But like others have said above, these are track rated NOT trail rated jeeps.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
To be honest I've never really been into off roading. I just thought maybe now I have the capability I'd give it a shot but thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll probably start with the diablo and a vorta cai. Really looking forward to this.
The SRT Jeep is not a capable offroad jeep at all...its ground clearance is zero and has no lo gear setting...the tires are street tires. This is probably the only Jeep I would never take offroad.

If you want to go offroading don't buy the SRT model....get the laredo, limited, or overland....better yet buy a Wrangler...

The SRT model is strictly an on road vehice...unless you want to rip off the front bumper and scrape the underbody

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.