Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says, yesterday I got dyno tuned by a direct Diablo dealer on a 2wd mustang dyno. Disconnected my tcase motor for the pulls and everything seemed fine. Then while driving I noticed the shifts to a bit sloppy. Not the same put you in the back of the seat feeling. This is the case both on up and down shifts. Almost like in a manual when the clutch is slipping slightly. Just wondering what the issue might be? Any help is appreciated

· Registered
8,243 Posts
Are any dash lights on? How many miles on the jeep? What mods?

· Registered
8,243 Posts
When switching tunes you may have had the tcm adaptive reset as well.
A good amount of spirited driving and it should be back where it was.
Good call, didn't think about that. That's most likely what happened. Just drive it hard and it will relearn.

· Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When switching tunes you may have had the tcm adaptive reset as well.
A good amount of spirited driving and it should be back where it was.
That was my initial thought too but wanted to hear the real experts had to say!

It's got Cai and a Borla. 41k and aside from the shifts she's running great!

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Putting torque management back in the tune will make the shifts quicker, but not neck snapping.... If you take all torque management out of your tune then the shifts will be more neck snapping, but not as quick... This is what I have seen on stew different times that I have for the Beast... Try to reset the adaptives on your TCM like Junior said and see if that helps....

· Registered
5,848 Posts
Mine never shifts right when the temps get cold enough up here. Say below 40. But when the weather warms back up it's back to normal. My new problem, as my power has increased, is hooking on the cold pavement. It usually just spins and goes into limp mode. I was doing some logging earlier today. First pull I loaded up the converter and nailed it. Didn't quite go into limp mode, well maybe for a split second on the 1-2 shift, but recovered right away. Ran a 3.6 0-60. Stopped and made a 2nd run, but after loading the converter I released the brakes and let it roll a bit before nailing it. Shifted fine and ran a 3.2. I don't think these trannies like cold weather. At least mine doesn't seem to. When it's warm I can spin and never see limp mode. ???

So where did you get dyno tuned?

wink

· Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine never shifts right when the temps get cold enough up here. Say below 40. But when the weather warms back up it's back to normal. My new problem, as my power has increased, is hooking on the cold pavement. It usually just spins and goes into limp mode. I was doing some logging earlier today. First pull I loaded up the converter and nailed it. Didn't quite go into limp mode, well maybe for a split second on the 1-2 shift, but recovered right away. Ran a 3.6 0-60. Stopped and made a 2nd run, but after loading the converter I released the brakes and let it roll a bit before nailing it. Shifted fine and ran a 3.2. I don't think these trannies like cold weather. At least mine doesn't seem to. When it's warm I can spin and never see limp mode. ???

wink
Bills performance at 470 and Santa Fe

· Registered
284 Posts

wink
yeah i agree... i am still running the stock tranny and it definitely seems like it doesn't care for the cold weather. i will sometimes get a clunky little down shift when i first take off... and even the first couple shifts up from 1-2 seem strange to me. But i do know my Tranny will be needing Bill's assistance VERY soon... but are these similar actions to what your tranny does in the cold weather?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.