Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove a new comaro today and loved the heads up display projected on the windshield. Has anyone researchef or got one?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
They are a pain in the arse to install aftermarket, the tube has to go way down in the dash to create the illusion of depth on the windshield. Had one on my vette and loved it, once you get used to just looking at the numbers on the glass you never have to look down at the dash when driving. It screws you up when you drive someone elses car though.

·
Registered
418 Posts
GM cars have always offered it, i dont think chrysler has ever had it. You need a special windshield for it too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would get someone to professionally install it if I could find the projector. But why would I need another windshield?

·
Registered
418 Posts
i could be wrong but to get the stuff to display that area on the winshield needs to be different. I am not sure but when my friend changed his windshield on his GrandPrix, the dealer told him it needed to be a special windhshield since the car had overhead display...but then again the "DEALER" told him that lol

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have gone through 3 Grand Prix GTP/GXP with HUD and you need to install a special windshield.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You dont "need" the special windshield, it works fine on a regular one. Not quite as clear but indistinguishable in most situations.

·
Registered
665 Posts
It's not a different glass it's just a clearer one that they look at and mark I installed a HUD in my GP and used the stock glass it worked fine . Some of the older Nissan's had it with a little sticker where the HUD projects .But you can get a Iphone app that will do it for you

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You dont "need" the special windshield, it works fine on a regular one. Not quite as clear but indistinguishable in most situations.
Your absolutely right. You dont "need" it. I have experienced without the HUD windshield, the display may have a glow around it and hard to see when its bright outside.

·
Registered
656 Posts
eBay has models available.
Type in Speed display.
It plugs in cigarette lighter and looks like it comes with some sort of sticker that goes on windshield.
I might buy one cause I like gizmos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts