Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult is it to remove and replace the headlights on our rigs? I have a new set that I will be swapping out with my tinted ones for winter and wanted to see if its a few hours or if its an entire weekend deal! I know theres a few guys that have done some extensive mods to their lights so I am hoping they have some insight on what not to do :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Its not bad at all hour if not less. The 2 bolts on the bottom are a pain but just jack it up and you can get to them. I only put one back in cause the one is not really needed.
I don't recall the exact location of the all the bolts

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I can have mine out in about 20-30 min max

Getting back together about 30 min

I am speaking of an 08 non HID but I wouldn't think the others would be much different

If you are creative its not too difficult

Watch that you are careful not to scratch the headlight lens on the fender as you pull it out, some blue tape would work to protect it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Reactions: tmm403

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I don't remove any plastic rivets

I don't use jacks or have any need to lift the car

I stay on my feet the whole time, no kneeling (unless I drop something :rolleyes: ).

It can be done

·
Registered
567 Posts
Took me a half a day and a visit to the doctors office. My hands were completely shredded and I broke two ratchets from chucking them on the driveway. My neighbors probably thought I was crazy, one of the bolts was nearly impossible for me to get back in. I hear it gets easier the more you do it, I will never do it again. I still have scars on my knuckles.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I tried to get the headlights of my 07 off, but I could not get to the bottom bolts at all. I think I have to remove the front bumper to do it.. I stopped and put everything back together...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I tried to get the headlights of my 07 off, but I could not get to the bottom bolts at all. I think I have to remove the front bumper to do it.. I stopped and put everything back together...

Why are you taking the headlights off? the only thing you have to take off is the grille..you should have access to everything.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Why are you taking the headlights off? the only thing you have to take off is the grille..you should have access to everything.
I was planning to add projectors to the original assy. I couldn't even put my hands on the lower bolts.. I could see them though... That bumper has to come off..

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
That bumper has to come off..
No!

Bumper doesn't have to come off. You can reach them from underneath. But, you can pull the bumper if you wanted.

Agreed, just have to give the Jeep the ole reach around. Enter through where the fog lights are and you can get those 2 screws.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
No!

Agreed, just have to give the Jeep the ole reach around. Enter through where the fog lights are and you can get those 2 screws.

I've never given a reach around before, but I will give it a shot for the rig..;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
For me 20 min. tops. What I did was never put the plugs back in the front bumper by the wheel well. It makes it super fasst to take apart. And they arre not really needed due to the slots that lock it in firmly. Removing the front bumper makes the two bolts on the bottom super easy to take out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.