Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 with projectors and the auto-leveling.

The other night I noticed that the headlights weren't lighting up much of the road and noticed that the cut off beam was about 5 or so feet in front of me on the ground. I pulled over and turn the jeep off and on a couple times and it still did the same thing. So i drove home with the highbeams on and noticed after a few miles i turned the highbeams off and then the headlights were leveled.

Same thing happened last night also.

Anyone have this issue or know what could be up?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has had this issue before? It seems to be happening more and more.

Does anyone know what controls the auto leveling, like the BCM or something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the same issue months ago, go to the dealer and have them replace the front and rear modules . There's a module in front and rear it took three times for the dealer to fix . I have'nt had any more issues, I was told it was the steering stalk, one of the modules, then had both replaced and more problems

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the same problem.

I really paid attention to the details tonight. I noticed the lights tick down at a stoplight (12 ticks, I counted) and when I start going again it stays down for a while. Then it goes back up but ticks back down as I'm driving down the road and stays there (hard to tell how many ticks without the lights shining on the back of a close object like a car at a light). If I get on the brakes pretty hard while driving the lights will pop back up but go back down not too long after. Occasionally they will pop back up on their own but always go back down.

If the OP solves their problem, please update this thread because it sounds like we have the same issue. I will mention it next time I'm at the dealer.

Philly, any idea how much these modules cost? I'm out of warranty.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well while on this topic, and sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread, but I've noticed when I stop at a light or something, the lights are going up and down slightly, almost like it's lost of where to level out at. They're always moving. Is that normal?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you guys. My auto leveling headlights are doing the same. Also out of warranty so would like to know the price of the modules or a fix for this. Thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts