Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I know how this sounds as I am one of the largest fans of the GCSRT8. I have a 2009 with just over 40k now. Every time I see a Jag XF on the road my eye is attracted to it and I think man I need to drive one of those cars. First I went home and looked up the 0-60 times and the 1/4 mile times. Man the supercharged XF moves out. 12.7 in the quarter STOCK and 4.2 0-60. So I went and drove one today and my god that may be the most beautiful interior of any car I have ever sat in. As nice as it was AND FAST, it’s still just an everyday car you see on the road.

While the sales guy was getting me the key to drive I was close enough to him to hear two other sales guys literally grab him and ask if the jeep was being traded in as one guy is looking for one and one guy has a client who wants one and they were shocked at how clean mine is.

Sometimes I get a bit sick of how rough the ride is and would prefer a luxury ride BUT tell me I am nuts and to keep this thing!!! I read all the time about the guys who sold their rigs and now regret it and I just don’t want to be one of those. Any thoughts on the XF?

· Premium Member
1,405 Posts
If u sell ur jeep later ull miss it.. No other suv can do wut our jeeps can do.. I say keep ur jeep.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
You will also miss the Jag while it is sitting in the shop getting repaired all the time.

My father-in-law had a supercharged one and it was always having issues.

· That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
You will also miss the Jag while it is sitting in the shop getting repaired all the time.

^^^ this, friends dad had one and it seemed at least once a month it was at in troy for maintenance. The supercharged ones go for like 70k dont they? and i thought they were closer to 5 sec 0-60, id go with the XKR-S :D haha thing looks awesome to me, also with an awesome price tag to match. Idk if i was looking at getting a 60k car either a CTS-V or a GT-R would be in the equation, but those new jags are awesome for sure. Theres a kid on MSU campus with a XJ and it is just an eye catcher every time it goes by.

· Registered
710 Posts
DON'T DO IT

The only justifiable options are the XKR-S or the C-X16, with 6-speed manual ofcourse. My friends father had a jag, he got rid of it after 8 months cause of how often it was in the shop. Then again, I always teased him about how my "POS" Suburban (what I drove at the time) was way more reliable :)

· Registered
1,432 Posts

My uncle purchases a lot of high end luxury sedans and he says that the XF is the biggest piece of shit he has ever purchased. Good looking car though :)

· Registered
55 Posts
I know the feeling. I lost some of the passion for my car recently. However I took the car for a 700 mile round trip. Loved it! The seats were great, my daughters watched the DVD, my wife did not complain about the ride, and I even had 2 guys in a new Lexus pull up to me and give me the thumbs up!

The Jag is nice, but when I was looking for a new car, the one thing that stuck out about the Jeep is the relative ease of maintenance. There might be other cars out there with more advanced features, but our cars balance brawn, exclusivity, and class. Mine is not going anywhere anytime soon. Unless I get a really good deal on a WK2!

· Registered
272 Posts
Every now and then I've had that thought too, then I drive it after a few weeks and say to myself, what the F$%! was I thinking?

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok guys, thanks for the advice. I just got back from the dealer and drove an 2012 XF Supercharged. I have to say WOW THAT THING IS NOT WHAT I THOUGHT. Yeah its quick but just does not give you the thrill that the SRT does. I even took the salesman for a ride in my SRT after so he can understand what I am currently driving. I stopped dead in the middle of the street, one foot on the brake and a bit on the gas and the salesman looked right at me and said " I would never trade this jeep in for an XF. NOW, that being said I also test drove a 2012 CTS-V and OH MY GOD is that thing fast. It’s a bit more than I want to spend right now but that could end of being my next car. For now I will enjoy my jeep and keep on turning heads.

· Registered
400 Posts
I'd keep your Jeep and get another toy to play with down the road... I'm really enjoying my GTS.

· Banned
1,577 Posts
Jeep jeep jeep!!

· Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Why not just spend the money and get an low compression LPM 426 and twin turbocharge it with supporting mods instead.....I think a stock jeep is just ok, but with this, I guarantee you will have fun ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.