Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forum members,
I have a bit of an issue that I would like to address. I recently purchased, what I thought were, Bwoody springs from a forum member. I won't mention the user name until he/she attempts to rectify the situation. I pm'd the member after they mentioned the ride of the Bwoody springs were too harsh for their liking. We agreed on a price and I sent the funds. These particular springs are what I have been wanting to go with and I figured that this would be a good chance to make a deal on them. Long story short, I received them and they are not Bwoody springs, they are Road Magnets. They arrived in a box that was clearly marked 'Road Magnet.' The springs are Black. They don't have any lettering informing me which spring is which( ie front left/front right/rear left/rear right). They all look, somewhat, the same. I have searched and seen a few posts here and there about Road Magnets, but not many. I wanted the Bwoody's because of the 1.7" drop and I love the stance. I should add that I had to order Bwoody bumpstops b/c the forum member did not have them(or lost them) after initial installation. My questions for you all are as follows:

1) Does anyone have pics of how the Road Magnets look?
2) Will Bwoody bump stops work with these springs?
3) Do you like the way they ride?
4) Should I aske to send the springs back with full refund and pay full price for what I want, or should I just install the Road Magnets and avoid any headache?

P.S. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I can post pics of what they look like, if need be. Thanks all.

-Brandon

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Forum members,
I have a bit of an issue that I would like to address. I recently purchased, what I thought were, Bwoody springs from a forum member. I won't mention the user name until he/she attempts to rectify the situation. I pm'd the member after they mentioned the ride of the Bwoody springs were too harsh for their liking. We agreed on a price and I sent the funds. These particular springs are what I have been wanting to go with and I figured that this would be a good chance to make a deal on them. Long story short, I received them and they are not Bwoody springs, they are Road Magnets. They arrived in a box that was clearly marked 'Road Magnet.' The springs are Black. They don't have any lettering informing me which spring is which( ie front left/front right/rear left/rear right). They all look, somewhat, the same. I have searched and seen a few posts here and there about Road Magnets, but not many. I wanted the Bwoody's because of the 1.7" drop and I love the stance. I should add that I had to order Bwoody bumpstops b/c the forum member did not have them(or lost them) after initial installation. My questions for you all are as follows:

1) Does anyone have pics of how the Road Magnets look?
2) Will Bwoody bump stops work with these springs?
3) Do you like the way they ride?
4) Should I aske to send the springs back with full refund and pay full price for what I want, or should I just install the Road Magnets and avoid any headache?

P.S. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I can post pics of what they look like, if need be. Thanks all.

-Brandon

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not to get in the middle of anything but if they are not what you want and not what the seller said they are then get your money back. Did you use paypal? I don't know much about it but i believe there is a way to file a claim and get your money back if the seller doesn't refund you...
Sorry i don't know anything about the springs

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input! Yes, I did use paypal. I'm still searching trying to make these RM's work( if that's what they are). I really don't want to go through a lot of BS to make this work out in favor of what i want.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Hmmmh I always thought the Bwoody Springs were actually Road Magnet lowering springs???...Whatever they are, I took them off of my ride in a hurry and went back to stock because I just could'nt stand the ride JMO..I'll look at them later on today and see exactly what they are.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Road magnet is bwoody there the same... Rear springs r bigger than front u can tell the difference.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
N yes bwoody bump stop will work wit these springs since they r the same springs.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Road Magnet makes the bwoody springs. I ordered my kit directly from
Bwoody over the phone 1"/1.7" drop and they arrived in a Road Magnet box.

So the bump stops will work. Since they are the same spring kit. They'll be little black conical stops about 2-3" long.

I loved how my bwoody setup rode and drive. Bwoody springs, links, QA rear shocks, and JBA control arms.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Administrator
6,373 Posts
I'm going to move this thread into Suspension/Driveline as the discussion seems to be more a matter of who makes these springs than a seller review.

Should it be necessary to start a review thread on the seller, please start a new thread in that section - http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95 after reading the GUIDELINES.

Bernie

·
Administrator
6,373 Posts
Thread closed as per OP's request.

Bernie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.