Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Grand Cherokee SRT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee..
I went to go get it tuned and me thinking OK yeah with the numbers that I’m supposed to get I should be able to clear at least 500 hp to find out that we don’t even get close to what we are originally supposed to be getting which is 475 hp match torque and I am getting at least 388 hp my first run.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I went to go get it tuned and me thinking OK yeah with the numbers that I’m supposed to get I should be able to clear at least 500 hp to find out that we don’t even get close to what we are originally supposed to be getting which is 475 hp match torque and I am getting at least 388 hp my first run.
475 HP is to the crank, not to the wheels. You will lose around 20% because it is all wheel drive which would be close to your 388 HP. The higher elevation above sea level you are is a factor also.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the manufacturer rated 475 HP is rated from the Engine block BY ITSELF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Drive your vehicle Stock and enjoy it. Quit chasing HP, unless you're willing to spent about $40,000 grand. These SRTs are really enjoyable to drive as purchased. Sure they can get faster, but it's very expensive if you build it right. That's complete Engine overhaul (Bottom - Up), Torque converter, Transmission, Transfer, both driveshafts and axles. If you're not willing or able to do all that, enjoy it as purchased.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts