Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been about 2 years since I have wanted the Jeep SRT8. I consider it my dream car. I am currently 21 and have been saving these past years and after this winter I will have enough money to buy the Jeep that I want. Every year something new has come out with the Jeep and I have my eyes settled on a 2009 with the black interior! I have been saving so that I would not have to make any monthly payments, dont need that headache. My question is how much straight cash could I get a 2009 for that is fully equipped with 1 and 2 options. any info is much appriciated!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Congrats man. I was the same way, I worked for 2 and a half years b4 I got my 2009 and it was worth everything.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
An 09 would be around 36 to 39k would be my guess....

·
Registered
785 Posts
yep. last april i picked up a 2009 with 7,800 miles for $39,000. it was fully loaded and i live in chicago but i drove to detroit to get it. it saved with dealer pricing along with getting a 6yr/72,000 mile extended warrenty for $50 because of the transfer. If you do want to pick up a 2009 look outside the box as well. just dont look at dealerships because there are a lot of great cars on this website as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep. last april i picked up a 2009 with 7,800 miles for $39,000. it was fully loaded and i live in chicago but i drove to detroit to get it. it saved with dealer pricing along with getting a 6yr/72,000 mile extended warrenty for $50 because of the transfer. If you do want to pick up a 2009 look outside the box as well. just dont look at dealerships because there are a lot of great cars on this website as well.
For sure man! I will try to stay away from the stealerships!

·
Registered
785 Posts
ya it would help but it also depends on the sale. everything is different with peoples personality and everything. if the guy is stuck on the price than i dont think it will matter but for a stealership it would make a difference but no matter what they will still make a profit. just keep your eyes open and it might sound stupid but even if you dont have enough money yet and you can afford a monthly payment, then jump all over it because these rigs are only getting older now. they are getting harder and harder to find and especially with low miles and in good condition. I rushed mine by about 6 months because i couldnt pass it up and for me it was a good deal. do what you can and good luck with everything.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
If your 21, and dont own a house yet... Not my business but it would be better to get approved for a loan, with no payoff penalties, pay on it for a year or 2 and pay it off..

And I dont think youll get that much off the price by paying cash.. seems dealerships are very firm on these things.. But you never know..

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It's all cash to the dealership.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm 23 and going through a similar situation. But what I've been doing is spending everything on my credit card and just transferring money from checking to credit to build up my credit. I did that along with paying off my truck month by month even though I didn't owe but 6k more on it. Had the cash but as Rocky said its better to build credit for when you buy a house. Unless you plan on keeping your jeep your entire life, which you very well might, all the money put down on your car will be lost in the economy while if you pay monthly you can put your saved money elsewhere and make money while building credit.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Not that were telling you what to do, just trying to help you out. I have a friend that makes 80k a year as a electrician. He paid for everything he owns with cash. Had no credit to buy his house.

I'm 25, have bought atv's, motorcycles, trucks, and my jeep. And just closed on my first house of 150k.

Now back on topic. Go buy that jeep!

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
where in VA are you?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Cash makes no difference to a dealership. cash will only get you a better price through a private seller.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Either way you end up paying, congrats, you will not regret it.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I'll go on record as saying paying cash is of no help. Even with a private buyer, you are handing them a certified bank check if you get a loan. It's all the same.

At a dealership, telling them you will pay all cash will hurt you. They make a lot of their money through the financing (the "back end"). Many dealerships make MOST of their money this way. A sales manager will be willing to go a little lower on sales price if he knows he can still grind the money of you on the loan. And even if you get a loan with reasonable terms, the dealership is making a commission for selling that loan.

So - if you plan to pay all cash, I would not reveal it until you have a signed purchase order with the price on it.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Would me paying straight cash help me get a lower price on an 09?
Dealerships don't care about this at all it seams. Unless it is a car that they cannot sell or has been on the lot for > 6 months (which probably means stay away)

But Jose is probably right. Depending on the miles, you are looking at mid-high $30k area.

Edit: when I bought my jeep, I tried to pay full, but then the dealer wouldn't get some kind of rebate for them, so they said if I paid a certain amount down, they could sell it to me cheaper. And after that, I could pay in full--which I did. So really a win win for the both.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I know what path I will be taking. But regardless the Jeep is in my future once the winter passes by.

·
Registered
806 Posts
as mentioned,house ,car,wife ,kids than no life

1 - 18 of 18 Posts