Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, happy new year to you... my best wishes for all your SRT dreams in 2012!

First off, much respect to all the senior members on this forum, I've mostly been lurking for the past 5 years but have really benefited from the community... awesome tips on everything from routine maintenance to bolt-ons... so glad for this group and the active members.

I need some advice on what to do next. The sum total of the work on my 06 JGCSRT is mild bolt ons (BWoody 4"CAI, Predator Tune, BWoody Springs & Sway Bars, 180 TStat, Cross Drilled Rotors and some cosmetics)

... now, I am at a loss as to whether there are any more "bang for the buck" mods I could do?

... or, am I at a crossroads where I need to be thinking about more invasive mods?

Appreciate your time to hit the Reply button and tell me what to do next, thanks!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Your next step will be a big one. Mild mods would be cam etc.....or go big, stoker kit (426, 440) or FI. It's really where you want to go an how much you want to spend. Figure out what you want to accomplish ex. HP or 1/4 times, then figure out how much money and time you want to spend. Then get back to us and we'll help you figure out the best way to get to where you want to be.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
How much is your budget?

Reactions: jtpollock

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I'd say next step would be ported intake mani, tb, custom tune and if the budget allows headers. Want to go the next step...heads, cam, stall. It all comes down to what you can afford and what your goals are.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Give us a little more info on what your future goals are and we on the forums can be more helpful.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Give us a little more info on what your future goals are and we on the forums can be more helpful.
Thanks much for your replies, I should have mentioned up front that:

1) My mods budget for 2012, if I save some coin and Dear Wife looks the other way, would be in the $10k range

2) I work from home and use the SRT for having some fun when I do get out to drive, I just love the kick in the pants and the looks from unsuspecting kills that don't know about our "special bricks" -- thus, 0-60 times are more pertinent to how I drive now.

3) I road trip occasionally and have noticed that I'm not as dominant as I'd like to be in the 60-110 range -- thus, as a goal it would be nice to improve highway passing speeds

4) I'm not a quarter-miler -- yet -- but as I get deeper in to things, I could see myself getting to the track once and a while for shits and grins, I'd like to have the Jeep for years to come as kind of a hobby go-fast project -- thus, .25mi times aren't a top priority now, but would be something I'd like to look at down the road.

Thanks again folks for your quick thoughts on the Reply button!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts