Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
59 Posts
First thing first…..the SRT is not air it’s electromagnetic damping. They are completely different as the SRT has no compressor or bags…. That said what exactly is the issue? Your shock will not really do a lot to lean camber they are for exactly that. Shock. It keeps the suspension from shocking up or back down. Try getting an alignment as that would take care of camber/castor and all the other jazz like that. If you are getting a suspension message on the dash, I’d look at the wires I can see there and make sure they aren’t rubbed through. The SRT shocks are on national back order and run 3788.44 for a full set from dodge. I had wires rub through and thought I needed to replace but I ended up splicing it back together and saved me a huge headache. Check it over better before you go replacing the entire suspension with something else that won’t work as well. These were made to perform with that particular setup. I understand if you are just running daily duty and all but it really does make a huge difference between settings, enough to notice the effects anyway. Good luck either way

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
59 Posts
Right on, that answers the question of what’s going on. If it’s rubbing through, you have a routing issue and need to run the wire a new path to eliminate the rubbage. Lol if that’s a word. If not I claim it. Anyway…. I would pull off the wheel and get in there and splice them bad boys back together, even if you gota replace a run of it. It’s low voltage so small stuff like speaker wire is fine. Special note is that the wire run that’s on it is dipped in some sort of sealer and it’s kinda raggedy getting it off of the wires itself, but it can be done. I did it on my rear pass side after snow clumped up and jammed it on my axle rubbing through. The reason for a less than comfy experience is the whole entire system deactivated and is now in a default mode so it’s not actively responding as normal, obviously. Splice it up and that will eliminate the message and poopy ride. As for the look… I got out and compared yours to mine and I don’t see a lot of difference man. It looks normal compared with mine. Everything from gapping to angles. Try to get the system back up and see what she does.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Again I’m not sure the history and it really doesn’t matter honestly. There is a routing issue or It could have had snow jammed in it like mine did or mud or anything really. Or you put a left side on right or something like that. Just look at where the wire is now, and move it to where it won’t rub and zip tie it up. It shouldn’t be that difficult to find a unobstructed path.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts