Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Automotive tire

front end is a little low and tops of tires are tilted in, driver front is a new/used strut too 馃う馃徎馃う馃徎 Is there an option to delete this suspension completely?!?

Registered
Ah man yea these rigs are notorious for suspension issues. Usually the bags get holes in them, or the compressor starts to send high voltage signals from too many cycles and starts blowing fuses internally.

Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
First thing first鈥..the SRT is not air it鈥檚 electromagnetic damping. They are completely different as the SRT has no compressor or bags鈥. That said what exactly is the issue? Your shock will not really do a lot to lean camber they are for exactly that. Shock. It keeps the suspension from shocking up or back down. Try getting an alignment as that would take care of camber/castor and all the other jazz like that. If you are getting a suspension message on the dash, I鈥檇 look at the wires I can see there and make sure they aren鈥檛 rubbed through. The SRT shocks are on national back order and run 3788.44 for a full set from dodge. I had wires rub through and thought I needed to replace but I ended up splicing it back together and saved me a huge headache. Check it over better before you go replacing the entire suspension with something else that won鈥檛 work as well. These were made to perform with that particular setup. I understand if you are just running daily duty and all but it really does make a huge difference between settings, enough to notice the effects anyway. Good luck either way

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The driver front tire keeps rubbing through the top wire of the strut. Now it says service suspension system. I know it鈥檚 not air, I replaced the driver side rear strut and the driver side front strut when I purchased the vehicle it has been aligned and it never really came out of the front tires setting in. I鈥檓 post a picture here in a minute

Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
Right on, that answers the question of what鈥檚 going on. If it鈥檚 rubbing through, you have a routing issue and need to run the wire a new path to eliminate the rubbage. Lol if that鈥檚 a word. If not I claim it. Anyway鈥. I would pull off the wheel and get in there and splice them bad boys back together, even if you gota replace a run of it. It鈥檚 low voltage so small stuff like speaker wire is fine. Special note is that the wire run that鈥檚 on it is dipped in some sort of sealer and it鈥檚 kinda raggedy getting it off of the wires itself, but it can be done. I did it on my rear pass side after snow clumped up and jammed it on my axle rubbing through. The reason for a less than comfy experience is the whole entire system deactivated and is now in a default mode so it鈥檚 not actively responding as normal, obviously. Splice it up and that will eliminate the message and poopy ride. As for the look鈥 I got out and compared yours to mine and I don鈥檛 see a lot of difference man. It looks normal compared with mine. Everything from gapping to angles. Try to get the system back up and see what she does.

Registered
How really did that happen? What am I missing. This can't happen when you running OEM rims and oem tire size. Even if you lower with Eibach lowering springs, this can't happen, unless you specifically did something to it. So what happened to the truck, what mods been done to it?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How really did that happen? What am I missing. This can't happen when you running OEM rims and oem tire size. Even if you lower with Eibach lowering springs, this can't happen, unless you specifically did something to it. So what happened to the truck, what mods been done to it?
I bought it used from an auto auction. The wires on both driver front and rear were bad to begin. We put a used front one on and new rear one on. Other than exhaust it鈥檚 stock from what I can see. Alignment has been done etc. techs are re-wiring the front one this weekend but something still has to be causing it

Registered
Again I鈥檓 not sure the history and it really doesn鈥檛 matter honestly. There is a routing issue or It could have had snow jammed in it like mine did or mud or anything really. Or you put a left side on right or something like that. Just look at where the wire is now, and move it to where it won鈥檛 rub and zip tie it up. It shouldn鈥檛 be that difficult to find a unobstructed path.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my techs did some more digging today and found the driver front control arm to be bent. The passenger side from wheel to wheel well has about 4鈥 of gap and driver has about 3鈥. Apparently when it was aligned they moved out driver side adjustment pins as far as possible and it still wasn鈥檛 close. I was not told this, so when turning the front tire was clearly grabbing the front strut and or wires. We ordered a new arm and will have it aligned and see what happens from there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts