Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pictures I took at night on the evening before the meet in MD two weeks ago. Dan did a fantastic job on the fabrication of these lights and the wiring. Everything is top notch, I could not have asked for more. In my opinion it really sets off the color scheme I have on my jeep and it's something I wish I would have done sooner.

As you can see, there are several different settings I can enable for these headlights which are all controlled by a digital controller I also purchased from Dan. To give you a run down of my purchase I got:

• DCSpecial headlights with Green LEDs around the projectors, LEDs behind the projectors, and LED Halos on the brights.
  • Headlights painted all black.
  • SRT cut in the side markers.
  • LED Switchback resistors.
  • 6000K HID Fogs
I would definitely say the digital controller is an amazing option and the way to go with a multiple function LED setup including color shifting. It is really nice not having to cut up the dash for wiring/a switch but instead having all the wiring sit in the engine bay and have a wireless controller you can use from inside the cabin.

Some of the other settings I have on the controller besides switching what LEDs are on, is the ability for the LEDs to strobe/fade there are brightness settings etc. The abundant functionality settings of this remote are tough to learn as most are designated by colors (I am writing a cheat sheet haha) but totally worth it!

I will be writing a vendor review for Dan as he deserves the recognition that precedes him. The entire process of getting these together and shipped has been extremely easy and enjoyable; Dan's customer service is top notch and I would consider him a friend now as opposed to a seller/vendor. Thanks Dan, your work is top end art in my opinion.

I would also like to give a thanks to Xenon depot for supplying me the HIDs. They are incredible and very bright!

Enjoy!

P.S. all these pics were taken on my iPhone, I have pics on my GoPro but its back in NY right now while I'm in IL. When I get home I will upload them.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Sick with it John ...

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Looks cool John! Is this just for Show or will you be driving like this all the time?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looking at these pics makes me wanna put in an order with Dan...just gotta think about what setup I want...

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sick with it John ...
Thanks Paulo.

Looks cool John! Is this just for Show or will you be driving like this all the time?
Thanks Jose! Well I can actually get a ticket for driving while they are on because techinically I am imitating a National Guard vehicle (they have green flashing lights) but that hasn't stopped me yet haha. I usually drive with them on but I just dim them down a bit.

Looking at these pics makes me wanna put in an order with Dan...just gotta think about what setup I want...
It's 100% worth it man. Don't hesitate. He will work with you to get together almost anything you want. Just give him a call and be prepared to be amazed.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
very nice sir!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do u have any closeup pics of the LEDs?

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Holy Sh!t those are incredible.

Jim
Hahaha thanks Jim! They are mean as hell at night.....people definitely get out of my way when they are on :cool:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Glad to see you finally got your other headlight....I'm sure you had to pay for that! LOL

·
Registered
487 Posts
So are these lights sold as kits or were they custom for your jeep?

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to see you finally got your other headlight....I'm sure you had to pay for that! LOL
Yeah I finally was able to pull together the funds for it :p

So are these lights sold as kits or were they custom for your jeep?
Dan Custom makes all of the lights he does but for a while he did sell them as a pre-made item. You can ask for them as basic (remove the chrome also known as the whistler mod) or as customized (color shifting halos/multiple leds etc.) as you like.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Looks good! Those halos are bright as hell, LOL.

It was a pleasure doing these as they were 100% custom and something that I haven't done before in terms of custom mounting LEDs to make them glow. A little bit of brain storming and playing around with stuff turned them into what they became :D

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Damn John, that looks awesome!!!!

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks good! Those halos are bright as hell, LOL.

It was a pleasure doing these as they were 100% custom and something that I haven't done before in terms of custom mounting LEDs to make them glow. A little bit of brain storming and playing around with stuff turned them into what they became :D
Hahaha yeah extremely bright when I turn the brightness all the way up, I love it.

Good, because they turned out amazing! And now you have a template you can go off of in case others want something similar. Thanks again for everything Dan, they are perfect!

LOL my thoughts exactly! John they look great! Looking forward to seeing them in person a few weeks from now at VMP...
Thanks Brian, and don't worry, they are hard to miss.

Damn John, that looks awesome!!!!
Thanks Jason! So what's this I hear about you liking d!ck these days? :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts