Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted them. They blend in really nicely with the flares and bodywork, are only subtle but really do the job.

It was really difficult to get a good pic so I through a towel over the wheel to get some contrast.

Attachments

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooo....Ooooooooooooooooo...ooooooo !!!!!!!

I guess you kind of get a pass because your in Australia but still.

· Registered
197 Posts
I was terrified when I read the thread title. Those are more subtle at least. Hard to tell from the close up. Can you post some full shots of the SRT from the rear at an angle (Showing side and back)?

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol. I promise they are very subtle.... just an extension of the arch flares down to the bottom.

The wide tires just throw so much sh*t up the side of the car.... and not to mention stone chips..... I had to do something.

· Registered
197 Posts
If Peter in Montreal can wrap his SRT in Smurf-blue you certainly have the right to add protective mud flaps. I haven't had problems with rocks being thrown up but I have reduced my usage of tire shine because that does spray up something fierce.

Reactions: peter2772000

· Premium Member
304 Posts
If Peter in Montreal can wrap his SRT in Smurf-blue you certainly have the right to add protective mud flaps. I haven't had problems with rocks being thrown up but I have reduced my usage of tire shine because that does spray up something fierce.
I agree 1000000% with you. If there is a "smurf blue" SRT8 (even if it is for promoting a company) then there can be one with mud flaps.... I just know that neither of them will ever be in my driveway. lol

· Premium Member
2,527 Posts
It's you and me against the world, FELIXX :p

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Mount some horns on your hood, a shotgun rack in the back and paint Porky Pig holding Bugs Bunny by the ears somewhere on the jeep and you will have the total look!

JK, at least they are subtle and may save the paint. Be nice to have a better full pic (please include Porky in the pic). :)

· Registered
3,440 Posts
I like 'em! They're very subtle & don't look like they are an afterthought. I have a set of European fender flares I bought from another member here that I haven't gotten around to put on yet because I'd like to have then painted the body color. I'm waiting until I have to have some body work done (which will happen sooner than later, I live in BC) then I'll put them on. Without them, when I turn in the wet or snow, the stuff flips up from the front wheels catching the mirrors & side body. In the winter, a sand mixture is used on the roads that is very coarse so the back of the body in front of the rear wheels gets sand blasted. Stand proud with your mud flaps!

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Wow... those do look pretty good. If I lived up North and DD'd my Jeep, I would definitely consider them.

Reactions: Stew4706
1 - 20 of 41 Posts