Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much...Much Better! That factory stereo is really lacking in my opinion. While I was at the shop I was reading up on Alpines new 8" Unit coming out. I really hope they make the dash kit for the Cherokee, its not listed as of yet.

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the current list

Perfect F.I.T. Dash Kits for the INE-Z928HD 8-inch AVN system:

Ford F-150, 2009 - Present models(KTX-FPU8)
Ford Mustang, 2011 – Present models(KTX-MTG8)
Ford Fusion, 2010 – Present models(KTX-FUS8)
Ford Escape, 2013 model(KTX-ECP8)
GM Trucks and SUVs, Various 2007 – 2011 models(KTX-GM8-0l)
Toyota Camry, 2012 model (KTX-CMY8)
Toyota Prius, 2009 - Present models (KTX-PRS8)
Toyota RAV4, 2009 - Present models (KTS-RV48)
Toyota Tacoma, 2012 model (KTX-TCM8)
Volkswagen Jetta and Passat, 2011 - Present models (KTX-VW8)
Available: April
SRI: TBD

I know my avalanche didn't have anywhere near a 8 inch opening and it will have a kit......all I can do is hope....lol

The guys at the shop said that some of the kits will move certain controls on some models.

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what year is your jeep, the my gig is amazing esp with the lockpik module
I have a 2012, the interface is just blah in my opinion coming from a big 8 inch infiniti screen. Its nothing I have to do right now. The lockpick on my 2010 was so buggy......

Here are some install pics.

I wanted this to be as low key as possible from the inside!

Installed the amp in place of one of the trays under the floor by the spare tire. Fits perfectly

Got the bass knob tucked way back up in the console compartment.

· Registered
741 Posts
That is perfect, exactly how I would do it. I was wondering if the amp could fit in the wheel well nicely too. Great install!

I was looking into fabricating some type of button fastener strap attached tot he back seat and top of the sub woofer box to keep it in place. That way it cold be easily removed when necessary.

something like a snap fastneer with a short black nylon strap to secure it.

· Premium Member
1,405 Posts
What kind amp is that? Mine looks da same but are black (pdx1000)

· Registered
345 Posts
What module did you use to hook it into the MyGig? Do you have the 2012 SRT8? RHR? Im planning to add a sub and was going to use the AudioControl's LC2i or a module from Pac Audio.

· Registered
419 Posts
It's utter BS that the WK2 comes with that same old school head unit. I rented a 300 with the big screen recently and it's sweet. Makes our rigs look like the graphics are from 1992.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
741 Posts
It's utter BS that the WK2 comes with that same old school head unit. I rented a 300 with the big screen recently and it's sweet. Makes our rigs look like the graphics are from 1992.

Recently heard a few comments that the 8.4" screen is almost too big. What was your opinion?

· Registered
419 Posts
Recently heard a few comments that the 8.4" screen is almost too big. What was your opinion?
I did not think it was too big. Looked very nice with the higher res graphics as well. You can also record/pause/rewind/replay live radio which was cool. Also you can set a favorite artist or song and it will pop up a notification when its playing on any station. Just so much better all around.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I did not think it was too big. Looked very nice with the higher res graphics as well. You can also record/pause/rewind/replay live radio which was cool. Also you can set a favorite artist or song and it will pop up a notification when its playing on any station. Just so much better all around.

The nav in the WK2 does all those as well. Record, alerts, etc.

The nav is a personal preference. I like it, as do other members here. Others don't like it. Just depends. It plays my music and gets me from point A to B. That's good for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
66 Posts
Here are some install pics.

I wanted this to be as low key as possible from the inside!

Did you consider building out the stock location to expand the air space and put the woofer there? Just curious if you or anyone here has explored this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.