Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rolled over 12,000 miles on the OEM Goodyear Run Flats and I am trying to start planning for the next set of tires. How many miles can I expect to get out of these tires?

· Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I got about 21k

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Depends on your driving habits and alignment settings. I put 15k miles on my last set, all 4 replaced at the same time. Wore 4/32" in those 15k miles, they come 12/32" new.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
7,003 Posts
I got 39,000 on rears and after replacing the fronts and getting the camber setting changed i have 23,000 on the fronts. At 19,000 miles mine hadnt seperated yet but i got gy to prorate the tires for some new ones.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Front camber at -.25 does great things for the GYs

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems like the numbers are all over the place for mileage you can get out of the Goodyears.

· Registered
7,003 Posts
It seems like the numbers are all over the place for mileage you can get out of the Goodyears.
1st thing to do is get your camber settings changed to .-25 or .-125 and that solved my problems. As soon as you get in the jeep your right side will change TO .-50 depending on your wt and if theres 2 ppl in the car it ballances out the front settings if the weight of the 2 in the front seats are close in wt. This is why we set mine with me in the seat and not my wife b4 the changes. MY WT IS 255.

· Registered
2,823 Posts
i get 22k from the fronts, 45k from the rears.

i keep the aggressive factory camber for performance. if i wanted tire economy, i would have bought a vehicle other than a 420hp 5000lb truck rolling on 20s.

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The tires are in great shape right now with no signs of premature wear such as cupping. I keep seeing used Goodyears go up for sale now and then, what would a full set possibly sell for with 13,000 miles on them?

· Registered
2,823 Posts
The tires are in great shape right now with no signs of premature wear such as cupping. I keep seeing used Goodyears go up for sale now and then, what would a full set possibly sell for with 13,000 miles on them?
the fronts are 50% done for. 75-100 each maybe? check the classifieds.

Reactions: sstdusty

· Registered
283 Posts
I got about 30,000 out of mine. But, I do a lot of interstate driving.

I must mention how much better my Nitto tires ride though. I wish I would have sold the GYs while they were brand new and put on different tires.

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
My fronts were coming apart when I bought my jeep a year old with 18K miles on it.

· Registered
271 Posts
Currently have 31k on mine. Rears still have decent tread, but my front left is starting to separate.
That's why I have a set of new 275/315 tires on the way. Damn shame for as expensive as the Goodyear run flats are too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.