Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Most dealers have been getting sticker plus 5-10k "market adjustment", so not a bad deal. It's about a grand over invoice,

Reactions: Jab2004

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - being held until Friday for that price - almost ready to pull the trigger but it's a lot of coin to drop .. Not sure if I should wait a couple months and hope for better deal or to just go for it now.. Hmmm Decisions - decisions :)) $$$$

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
While a grand over invoice is a decent deal, I would think you would be able to find one for less especially if you wait it out a bit.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Thats a good price as long as they dont add a 5 to 10k mark up for it being "rare" all said and done with taxes and dealer handling we ended up paying just under 70k for ours, its alot of coin but oh so sweet as soon as you mash the pedal down ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be trading in an 09 dodge ram crew cab lifted 4 inches on 35 -12.50 r20 .. Love my truck but I want more motor don't get me wrong the 5.7 is a great engine but the 6.4 is better plus I kill 2 birds with one stone sports car feel with awd don't think I can go wrong.. Hard to actually tell myself to wait mr instant gratification here ..damn upgrades always get me

·
Registered
467 Posts
Most dealers have been getting sticker plus 5-10k "market adjustment", so not a bad deal. It's about a grand over invoice,
Ummm, I wouldn't say "most dealers". A few have gotten over invoice, but it's far from the norm now since people just are not paying the stupid market adjustment.

From what I hear it ranges from invoice (only a few have gotten this) to MSRP. I paid 1k over invoice just like your offer is and I'm happy. I ordered mine though, so if yours is sitting on the lot take the deal for instant gratification.

Summation: PULL THE TRIGGER!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Thanks for the correction Kadonny, I was referring more to my local dealerships in Colorado, can't include all dealers in that statement, lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
Is it a decent deal? It's OK, if you have to have one right now. I personally can't see ever paying more than invoice for a car, but I'm not the "have to have it before everyone else" sort of personality.

The questions is if you like it $61,000 dollars much. If you can swing the $1000+ a month, and like the vehicle that much, then go for it. That said, 6 months from now, you would be able to get it for a few thousand less. But at $1000 a month, you can take it home today, and it's not going to be a huge difference in cost considering you're spending $55k or more no matter how you shake it.

It's hard to say anything that's over invoice is not a ripoff anymore now that we have the internet. Heck, it's hard for me to say paying over Invoice - holdback is a good deal considering the number of dealers that would be more than happy to do that. But truthfully what you consider a good deal is going to be different than someone else. You may look at it as a "I paid over invoice but I have it NOW" sort of thing, just like the guys who paid over MSRP felt it was a good enough deal because they were one of the first to have them.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Invoice or really close, might also depend on how long it's been on the lot. Mine was on the lot over 2 full months so they were pretty anxious to move it as well as offering an absurdly high value on my trade. Others I looked at were giving about $1k or so off MSRP.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I would go for it. I I had equity in my 07 when I traded, got a good trade value, and put a nice chunk for a down payment. Monthly payments are not that bad. My insurance rates stayed pretty much the same from my 07 to my 12. I'm a happy camper. It's a great vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
With 19% of the total produced to date sitting on dealer lots across the country, you should easily be able to work an invoice deal. Maybe you should contact dealers 100-200 m iles away from you to find the best deal.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I unfortunately never got the opportunity to own the wk1 srt8, but I know I love my wk2 so I'd say go for it and enjoy! Cant take money with you when you die :D

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Just pull the trigger......you only live once. No need to hem and haw over a few grand....... If you want it, treat yourself. Life is too short to pass things up. My brother-in-law told me last June he wanted to buy a Jeep like mine this year...........he was diagnosed with cancer the next month and died 6 months later.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Amen man! I've had the pleasure of owning several fun fast cars and I've lost money going through them between mods and depreciation, but I can honestly say I dont regret having the pleasure of owning them and seeing what they can do! Unless you buy classics that are 50 years old and have rare value to them you will almost always lose money investing in "toys" but we dont buy these vehicles to profit from them but to enjoy them for the time we own them, live life and enjoy! :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I recently purchased for just a few hundred over invoice. That said when you get behind the wheel you won't care much about that as you'll feel like a million bucks!

While i don't recommend throwing away money and recommend shopping around the trade and purchase price, its all history when the speedo is dialing up and you realize how fortunate you are to have such a special vehicle!

·
The ModMan
5,792 Posts
I honestly do not know how this "living once" motto relates to with just dropping 2-5 grand extra or even 1 penny extra instead of just waiting a little longer and see how the market settles. It's only March 2012. Mind you this coming from the jeep less penny pincher lol.

Being ill and dying is another story, I would say go all out sell everything you own and buy 5 lambos, 10 ferraris and go offroading with them for all I care.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.