1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Looks to be quite loaded and in good shape.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
If you're not local, do yourself a big favor and either hire an independent inspector or find someone to go over and take a closer look. I trusted the dealer's description on a long-distance deal once before and that was a mistake. While there were no major issues, some cosmetic issues were overlooked--fortunately the car was still under warranty and these items were replaced at no cost to me.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Price could be reduced IMO but once it is well taken care of that should not be a problem and that is the key with these jeeps. You need to get the service records, there are jeeps with 70,000 miles that are in fantastic shape and well taken care of with all the service records to boot whereas they are jeeps with 40,000 miles that have been thrashed about like there is no tommorow and no type of service has been done on them...Me, I'd rather have the 70k mile one that has been taken care of, because further down the line the 40k mile one will end up costing me a fortune..Even with a warranty your time has to be worth something! Forums too are good places to buy jeeps, especially if it is from a long time member...People who join forums and are very active tend to care about their jeeps in general and keep good service records as well!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I took the chance and bought one that had a few more miles than I wanted on it, but the PO had take very good care of it. If you don't mind the miles, I say go for it if you can get someone to check it out for you. Either way, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, i appreciate the help in decision making, its a big life choice lol

·
Registered
2010 WK1 coming soon......
1,508 Posts
I know where you can get an 08 with 46k on it for $28,300......

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
66,000 miles and no catch can yuk. I would try and look for 1 with under 40,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
He lowered it $1,500 from his previous listing. Someone should offer $25k...

And his reserve hasnt been met...... didnt notice that before.

I'd wait it out and try to buy for less after the auction ends:cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea hes a wholesale dealer in cleveland just gets them and flips them, he had to relist a 2nd time is the reason for price drop. and don if you approve of this price i dont see why i wouldnt do it lol. he has the reserve set at buy it now price fyi also, ive talked to him on the phone alot

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
heres a video of the jeep, smoke is from cold start no 15 degree morning the man said. looks like a beaut to me, i did the vin decode and it has excellent service history as well

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
yea hes a wholesale dealer in cleveland just gets them and flips them, he had to relist a 2nd time is the reason for price drop. and don if you approve of this price i dont see why i wouldnt do it lol. he has the reserve set at buy it now price fyi also, ive talked to him on the phone alot

Then tell him to buy your plane ticket at that price so you can go pick it up!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
trigger has been pulled. i will flyin to get it next wednesday!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts