Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just got a set of nitto 420s put on my jeep yesterday, i plasti dipped my rims about a month ago and they were holding up great until the tire change yesterday. i tried touching up where it came off ( where tire meets wheel) but it didn't adhere well and looks kind of shitty. i don't have time really to take off the tires and remove plasti dip like that so i was wondering if i could use some goo gone ( i read it helps get plasti dip off) on the parts on the inside of the rim where i can't reach fully. also they had to put new weights on so there is some stuck on paper from the old weights. any tricks to get that off?
also let me know if you know of any more efficient way to get the plasti dip off

thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
...here is just a thought.....

maybe remove the wheels from the jeep.

break the bead on the front of the tires, and work on them that way?

it might help, and let you mask up the tires etc.

good luck.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
This is why I would never mess with the temporary mods on my wheels.

It seems like some of you guys have spent more time applying it, and then removing it than actually enjoying the mod.

I would not remove the tire to get the plasti dip off. I would try to get it off with the tire on... Hope everything works out for you.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
we just pulled it off my friends wheels? came off in sheets, and didnt take long at all? if its actually inside the rim then idk what to say, or why you would spray it there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i powerwashed the rims and it seemed to work pretty well on the front of the rims. just having a hard time getting it off the inside of the rim. i sprayed it there so it would be protected from the salt and chemicals they put on the roads here in michigan. the pressure washer takes a while and i dont know if i will be able to get all of the inside with it. might try and use wd 40 or goo gone. what do you think?

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Use Tarminator on the inside of the rims with a soft bristle brush. Spray on the tarminator, agitate it, rinse, and repeat as necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.