Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm going to the track Sunday and is there anything else I can buy for $400 to spend to boost my performance against my friend. A throttle body? Or something . Not too big because I have no real power adders with the throttle body if it's even worth it. Also i don't think an underdrive pulley is worth it

Right now I got a bwoody cai, Johan tune, catch can , 180 t stat and borla s exhaust

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Probably should just save the 400 and use it for a next step of "bigger" mods...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably should just save the 400 and use it for a next step of "bigger" mods...
That's what I want to do but it's like a little game between all my friends whose got the faster car, and I just wanna walk over them

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Yeah, i feel ya.... Your past the point where 400 dollars is gonna do much IMO.. lol. You already have all the basic mods...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hundred more and you can get a cam..
Lol a cam that all it's good for is a door stop at the moment, how much is labor to put one In? I'd love to cam it, plus I have a 8 year 80k mile warranty

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Guys I'm going to the track Sunday and is there anything else I can buy for $400 to spend to boost my performance against my friend. A throttle body? Or something . Not too big because I have no real power adders with the throttle body if it's even worth it. Also i don't think an underdrive pulley is worth it

Right now I got a bwoody cai, Johan tune, catch can , 180 t stat and borla s exhaust
I think the most important question is... What is your friend racing you with?
You might already have plenty to beat him with or not.
Specs on his car would be great to know.
Racing at Etown?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the most important question is... What is your friend racing you with?
You might already have plenty to beat him with or not.
Specs on his car would be great to know.
Racing at Etown?
I think we're goin to atco not sure. heres the cars that I want to beat:

2005 Mustang GT: c&L cai, jba longtube headers, off road h-pipe, bassani axle-backs, 4:10's, short throw shifter, under drive pulley and a tune. ( I watched this car beat a cts-v only because of gears)

2007 jeep srt8: mopar cai, mopar exhaust, high flow-cats, Johan tune, catch can, 180 t-stat

2002 mustang gt: kenne bell 2.1, cams, longtube headers, no cats, exhaust, dyno tune,... etc it puts 434rwhp .

for some reason the black jeep seems to pull on me, is it really the hi flow cats?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts

2005 Mustang GT: c&L cai, jba longtube headers, off road h-pipe, bassani axle-backs, 4:10's, short throw shifter, under drive pulley and a tune. ( I watched this car beat a cts-v only because of gears)

2007 jeep srt8: mopar cai, mopar exhaust, high flow-cats, Johan tune, catch can, 180 t-stat

2002 mustang gt: kenne bell 2.1, cams, longtube headers, no cats, exhaust, dyno tune,... etc it puts 434rwhp .

for some reason the black jeep seems to pull on me, is it really the hi flow cats?
Usually hi flow cats go with headers, which in that case he would pull on you

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
The underdrive pulley gave me an extra .1 sec in the quarter. About the only thing you can do easily with that kind of money.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts

I don't think you'll have any issues with the stangs. Just make sure you get a good reaction time on them, beat them at the tree. If they don't have drag radials they'll spin most likely off the line. Even with drag radials they have to be careful off the line. Remember, reaction time is key, they see you launch in front and they're going to punch it harder trying to keep up with you causing them to spin. Those races you win at the tree.
Against the other Jeep it might be a close one, but like I said, good reaction times win races like I did this weekend at ATCO... I got to the finish line first by a car length with a 12.5 to the TBSS 12.4 because my reaction time was much better than his. Sometimes having a faster car than mine doesn't mean it's going to beat me to the finish line. ;)
Practice at the tree first. Watch how deep or shallow you stage but stick to one so the next time you'll be consistent. Leave the tree at the 3rd yellow light, don't wait for the green. With practice, you'll find the sweet spot on that tree and always be around the same reaction time.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Cam shaft hands down

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts