Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone. Pretty new to this so please bare with me lol. I just picked up a new 2010 GC srt8 (Modern Blue) and am looking to do some immediate upgrades but would like some advice/input. I did some research and I was just wondering that if I decided to go with a Port. Int. Mani, 90MM TB, CAI, Headers, Cam would I be overkilling?? underkilling?? Leaving anything out?? Forgettign to put stuff in?? Basically just looking for some feedback. Thanks a lot guys ;-)

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
No matter what you do you there will always be something let on the table. There are a lot of guys that have gone the route you are thinking. The best 1/4 times I know of with similar mods are 12.1-12.2 with perfect conditions. On average you will run mid 12s. If you don't want a lot of down time and have no worries for dd then it is a good route. I'd recommend doing valve springs at the same time as the cam and if your pulling the heads you would save money getting them ported at the same time.

I have have ported heads/custom cam grind/ported mani/headers/90mm tb/converter and I love my set up. Ran consistent 12.2s Sunday with room for improvement. Drives lime normal around town and I still pull 16-17 mpg on the hwy.
It always comes down to what your goals are and how much you want to spend. What ever combo you do you will need to work with a good tuner and spend some time data-logging. I recommend a trinity and a good air/fuel ratio gauge.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Come down to Atco NJ this coming Sunday , you will brightening up / learn and see different set up , hell even an 1100whp TT Jeep will be there :) , I am basically running the set up you mention , minus TB .

·
Registered
784 Posts
What's up everyone. Pretty new to this so please bare with me lol. I just picked up a new 2010 GC srt8 (Modern Blue) and am looking to do some immediate upgrades but would like some advice/input. I did some research and I was just wondering that if I decided to go with a Port. Int. Mani, 90MM TB, CAI, Headers, Cam would I be overkilling?? underkilling?? Leaving anything out?? Forgettign to put stuff in?? Basically just looking for some feedback. Thanks a lot guys ;-)
Well think about your overall goals in the future for the car. You will always want more horsepower once you start modding so take it one step at a time. I have a 2009 and wanted to throw in a procharger, but then wanted to go with a 426 stroker. A lot of guys will tell you that there are two ways to go 1. Straight engine with no boost or 2. Turbo or supercharger setup. Now If you upgrade the engine to a 440 CI, you dont really want to boost it. You can boost a 426 only to a certain amount but the best engine to boost would be a 392.

So if you want to boost the engine later on I would start off by getting a 392 CI engine from Andy at PWR. Let him get that into your truck and later on down the road you can get either a supercharger or a turbo setup. If you just want to go with a straight engine setup, the highest you can go is a 440 which will get you high tens at the most for a 1/4mile and thats pushing it. The best way to get to tens or 9 or even 8's:D would be with a 392 engine with a twin turbo setup.

Right now for the mean time I am picking up heads,headers,camshaft,corsa exhaust and forged pushrods from Andy at PWR. I am starting off slow and trying to figure out where I want to go from here. all together with mods I will have a bwoody 4" CAI,BT Ctach can,Jet 180, heads,headers,camshaft,corsa exhaust, and a diablo predator sport with a tune from Johan. I think I will be pretty happy with it for awhile and when I get used to the power, I will add some more:D

Brandon

·
Registered
784 Posts
and forged pushrods as well!

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Well think about your overall goals in the future for the car. You will always want more horsepower once you start modding so take it one step at a time. I have a 2009 and wanted to throw in a procharger, but then wanted to go with a 426 stroker. A lot of guys will tell you that there are two ways to go 1. Straight engine with no boost or 2. Turbo or supercharger setup. Now If you upgrade the engine to a 440 CI, you dont really want to boost it. You can boost a 426 only to a certain amount but the best engine to boost would be a 392.

So if you want to boost the engine later on I would start off by getting a 392 CI engine from Andy at PWR. Let him get that into your truck and later on down the road you can get either a supercharger or a turbo setup. If you just want to go with a straight engine setup, the highest you can go is a 440 which will get you high tens at the most for a 1/4mile and thats pushing it. The best way to get to tens or 9 or even 8's:D would be with a 392 engine with a twin turbo setup.

Right now for the mean time I am picking up heads,headers,camshaft,corsa exhaust and forged pushrods from Andy at PWR. I am starting off slow and trying to figure out where I want to go from here. all together with mods I will have a bwoody 4" CAI,BT Ctach can,Jet 180, heads,headers,camshaft,corsa exhaust, and a diablo predator sport with a tune from Johan. I think I will be pretty happy with it for awhile and when I get used to the power, I will add some more:D

Brandon
Some good info. PWR has a 414 puropse built for high boost if you want to go that route. LPM also has some nasty motors out there running boost and their 440 currently holds the N/A record. Also if your looking for big cubes Al blocks can go all the way up to 468 cubic inches.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Some good info. PWR has a 414 puropse built for high boost if you want to go that route. LPM also has some nasty motors out there running boost and their 440 currently holds the N/A record. Also if your looking for big cubes Al blocks can go all the way up to 468 cubic inches.
Thank you for adding that. I had a feeling I was off on some things

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Thank you for adding that. I had a feeling I was off on some things
No problem. I'd also recommend a A/F monitor especially if your doing heads or cam and beyond. And if you go this route the trinity is better for logging and can be used to display and log your A/F ratio.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
With the right combo you can run high 11s in good weather...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.