Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My ported heads were probably a set of the first dozen that were done back in 2007. Been having a small coolant loss issue and with the help of coolant dye the cause was determined. The Jeep is at Blue Collar Performance here in Detroit and after the problem was discovered the question to me was repair or new heads... So glad I have Chris's cell phone number :D

LPM will be preparing a set of "Mac-Daddy" heads purposely built for my high boost supercharged motor. :eek:

I may have mis-understood Chris, but I think he said he could have them in 7 days...

Reactions: SrtJake

·
Administrator
5,855 Posts
Always great to get good heads.:D

Bernie

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
7 days wow. I'm on over a month just to get a ported intake right now and no sign of it on the horizon. Must be nice to be on the valued customer list! (to be clear I am not waiting on LPM for this intake.)

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Nice Brian, not that the heads you have aren't good ones. But with all the advances in head work over the years since you got them they should add you a few nice ponies. What heads did you go with the Eagle, Apache or 6.1?

Jim

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
It seems to me that Lewis Performance Machine is the best kept secret on this forum!!
Joe Lewis is a Master engine builder and will never compromise on quality.

He can build you a motor for whatever you want. I'm looking forward to pushing one of Joe
And Chris's motors to the edge!!

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Congrats Brian, I was unaware you were having this problem in the first place but I am definitely interested to hear what happens with the new heads.

·
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
7 days wow. I'm on over a month just to get a ported intake right now and no sign of it on the horizon. Must be nice to be on the valued customer list! (to be clear I am not waiting on LPM for this intake.)
As I said... Maybe I mis-understoon Chris...
I'm guessing it will be at least 2-3 weeks.

Nice Brian, not that the heads you have aren't good ones. But with all the advances in head work over the years since you got them they should add you a few nice ponies. What heads did you go with the Eagle, Apache or 6.1?
Jim
The old faithful 6.1 heads. Joey and Chris know all about my set-up so everything that goes into this heads is at their discretion.

It seems to me that Lewis Performance Machine is the best kept secret on this forum!!
Joe Lewis is a Master engine builder and will never compromise on quality.

He can build you a motor for whatever you want. I'm looking forward to pushing one of Joe
And Chris's motors to the edge!!
No question. There are cheaper motor's out there but none stronger then a LPM. Its all about paying attention to the details. That's were Joey shines! So instead if telling everyone about them,maybe we should keep this between ourselves
Haha!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Gald to see you making your way to LPM! LOL! You won't be disappointed!

·
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats Brian, I was unaware you were having this problem in the first place but I am definitely interested to hear what happens with the new heads.
Yea John, it happened during the Dream Cruise week. Between that and a fuel pump that didn't like crawling traffic.

·
STAGE6,LPM,PARAMOUNT,JBT
201 Posts
Nice!

Music to my ears! All these positive things about lpm. Well boys my srt is at joe,s shop getting some surgery done to it before it gets sent over to stage 6 for the final stage lol!! Cant wait!!

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
My ported heads were probably a set of the first dozen that were done back in 2007. Been having a small coolant loss issue and with the help of coolant dye the cause was determined. The Jeep is at Blue Collar Performance here in Detroit and after the problem was discovered the question to me was repair or new heads... So glad I have Chris's cell phone number :D

LPM will be preparing a set of "Mac-Daddy" heads purposely built for my high boost supercharged motor. :eek:

I may have mis-understood Chris, but I think he said he could have them in 7 days...
Thanks Brian we are looking foward to building these heads for you.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Yea John, it happened during the Dream Cruise week. Between that and a fuel pump that didn't like crawling traffic.
Ah ok. Hahaha oh man that fuel pump was so obnoxious at the Hemi Shootout in MD lol. I don't know how you could stand that!

·
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah ok. Hahaha oh man that fuel pump was so obnoxious at the Hemi Shootout in MD lol. I don't know how you could stand that!
Sorry!! I forgot to offer my rear seat guests complementary ear plugs... :D

·
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LPM just let me know my custom heads are being completed and will ship in the next couple of days. What great service!!! Thanks Chris and Joe

1 - 20 of 41 Posts