Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now past 700 miles and can say the gas mileage has been a pleasant bonus for me. I was expecting around 14 mpg at the best but I can say after a couple of tanks and some decent highway miles that I'm getting between 18 and 19 mpg I'm really satisfied with that.

· Registered
425 Posts
You guys must be driving like grandmas!:)

According to my trip computer, I'm only averaging 12.8 mpg (90% city/10% highway).

I have about 1700 miles on my odometer.

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
300 highway miles lots of Eco and no full throttles...... Yes just like grandma! Lol

· Registered
223 Posts
I was at 18-19 MPG on the interstate from WI to MN with ECO going strong. No sizable wind. I turned 1000 mi on that trip. I love eco and I love 6.4 V8 with 5 speed tranny!

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Premium gas still, correct?

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App
91 octane or better.

Overall I'm seeing better gas mileage with the WK2 over my WK1. Great mileage when you're between 50-65mph and Eco on all the time. Steady cruising. On the highway I saw the best mileage in the 65-70mph with ACC on. Once I bumped up to 80 with ACC on I lost 2-3mpg easily.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
71 Posts
I have my SRT8 on AUTO mode and I'm getting less than 12 mpg on all three consecutive full gas tanks?! I do have the ECO on also! Interesting? 18-19 MPG, are we driving the same cars here?

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I have my SRT8 on AUTO mode and I'm getting less than 12 mpg on all three consecutive full gas tanks?! I do have the ECO on also! Interesting? 18-19 MPG, are we driving the same cars here?
All depends on driving style. Is this city driving? Because that mileage I can understand in that situation with stop and go. You'll see the better mileage once you have a steady cruising speed like highway conditions. My around town mileage is similar to my WK1, slightly better. Highway is where I see the best improvement. The more you got ECO going for you the better lol.

But...we don't buy these to save gas money :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Highway miles not stop and go traffic. I'm averaging 19 mpg on highway now with ease.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.