Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what brand of gas do you guys use? What have you seen the best proformance from?

Keep this to only 93 octan. What's best on east coast compared to east coast.

Im on east cost, NJ

· Banned
1,577 Posts
i fill sunoco/hess

· Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
i go to Gulf since its the closest but if i see a Sunoco in my travels, i usually stop.

· Registered
792 Posts
Right now im going Mobil...was using BP…I don’t think I seen a difference in proformancebut but yet again I have the MPG booster tune on the jeep right now and Mobil is lasting longer then BP with the tune.

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Paulo had done some datalogging a while back to see which 93 octane pump gas would allow the most spark advance before seeing any ST or LT KNK. Sunoco 93 was consistantly the best, with Mobil/Gulf 93 a close second. Some Sunoco stations also have GT 260: 100 octane street legal fuel at the pump....it's no VP MS109, but it will help if you're tuned for it.

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Well on the west coast we cant get sunoco or 93 octane so i use mobil 91.We out here always get the short end of the deals lol. We only get 1.8% oxy were you guys back there get 3.5%. Although i think we do pertty good on what we have to work with. VP109 AND SUNOCO 104 are getting hard to get out here and when we do get it i have to fill out a form for the state of ca telling when and where im going to use it so i just put dyno tuning.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts

· Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Shell or Sunoco for me. Shell seems to be a very light gas that burns clean, whereas sunoco is a great gas that gives me better fuel economy, I've had knock in my area in another ride with Exxon & Mobil.

· Registered
570 Posts
Sunoco most of the time.

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
I only use Sunoco 93, my jeep seems to like it the most.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.