Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

i recently purchase a GCSRT8 2010 22000km, in town with a grandma driving style i can't do best than an 8-9 mpg, i know a guy who gets 12-13 mpg in town!!!

whats the prob with my toy????:(

can you help me

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
8-9 is not normal. do you have any modifications to your toy?

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
hmmm, if its still under warranty, i would take it back to the dealer. my warranty has long since disappeared. take advantage of your low miles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi. I have a 2010 also and I get about 12-14 around town with the a/c on driving like grandma! Something is up, I would bring it to the dealer. What are you getting on the highway? Best I can get on the hwy is aobut 16-17 with a/c on. If i turn my a/c off it increase about 1-2 more mpg. Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i just refill and thats what i get 26 liters to do 48 km in town....

i do two 0/100 km and a couple of little acceleration, when you calculate thats done 50l/100km..
i'm not cheap on gas but its very high....

on highway i got 17-18 mpg at cruise speed of 65-70mph... thats what i don't understand?????????

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
i just test drove a 2010 and got in and said little over 10mpg then i reset it and got 8-9 while driving a few miles not even getting into it... normal?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Wrong fuel? I believe less than the recommended 91 will cause worse off gas mileage.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
d'ont have greater than 91 but i talk tu another guy on another forum, he leave near of me and his SRT8 don't drink like mine, he have a 2007 with cai+tune and stats 180

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
d'ont have greater than 91 but i talk tu another guy on another forum, he leave near of me and his SRT8 don't drink like mine, he have a 2007 with cai+tune and stats 180
91 is the minimum you should run, so you should be fine with 91.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i would definitely try to reset your computer...leave the pos terminal off overnight or for a couple hours if you cant do all night and/or take a nice highway trip like 100 miles at the speed limit to get it used to the higher MPGs and/or use a better gas. i use sunoco 93or mobil 93 if i cant make it. i filled up about an hour ago and calculated to 12.882mpg with 18.142 gallons even with beating on it for about 70 miles. all in the driving habit. youll figure it out.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
yeah, i usually get 12mpg city / 17mpg hwy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a reset don't fix it, on the road i do 17-18 mpg if i do 12mpg in town i'll be fine with that but i do 8-9 mpg thats what it make no sens for me compare to the others guys....

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Maybe your catalytic converter is clogged. Any codes???
Definitely take it to the dealer for a check up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts