Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be installing a 6psi procharger p1x kit with a conservative tune on a stock engine. My tuner is thinking I should upgrade my fuel system. Hellcat injectors(Already ordered) and he suggests a walbro 450 fuel pump.

What is everyone doing for upgrading their full systems?
Am i going to have to drop the fuel tank to do anything with the pump?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm told the stock system is good to 600-650 ish. So you should have plenty of fuel for only 6 pounds. My stock pump has no problem with id1050x injectors and 10 psi

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went ahead and ordered a KB BOP for good measure. I'll run it and only have it come on at 3+ psi boost if that's possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ran mine with a Procharger D1S or a few weeks on the stock fuel pump. It worked fine. But I decided since my Jeep has 80k miles on it I would upgrade the fuel pump anyways. It's a good thing I did because when they dropped the tank they discovered an issue with a U-Joint on the driveshaft.

My dyno with stock fuel pump was 589hp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ran mine with a Procharger D1S or a few weeks on the stock fuel pump. It worked fine. But I decided since my Jeep has 80k miles on it I would upgrade the fuel pump anyways. It's a good thing I did because when they dropped the tank they discovered an issue with a U-Joint on the driveshaft.

My dyno with stock fuel pump was 589hp.

Hi,

I saw your post about being over 80K miles and upgrading your fuel pump. Did you upgrade to the Trackhawk pump? Was it plug&play then, tune?

Thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts