Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a cel the other day, P1607. I searched it and only found one thread on here about it, and it really didn't have any resolution. I have a vortech with the msd bap. The fuse holder has some signs of heating up but the fuse has not blown. I cleared the cel and it came right back. When it is in the jeep starts as normal, after it was cleared it was hard starting. The other thread all the guy said was he changed the fuse and was back and running. Any help would be great

Also is the kenne bell bap better than the msd? Or would getting dual pumps be a better option? Btw I plan on building till I run 10s so might as well up grade only once. Thanks guys

· Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
Contact Stage6 and get the dual pump set up.

· Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
Check your fuel pressure to find out.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check your fuel pressure to find out.
Since the bap is only suppose to work under boost or full throttle, it might not tell me anything at idle, any suggestions on how to do that? Also what should it be?

· Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
Since the bap is only suppose to work under boost or full throttle, it might not tell me anything at idle, any suggestions on how to do that? Also what should it be?
Did you set yours up that way? I know some people had their BAP wired to run all the time. I just checked mine, 55# before key gets turned to start and 60# when running.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the kit used, it's connected to the vacuum line so I assumed that is how it was. I did it the way the directions said so it could be either way I guess. What are you using to check your pressure?

· Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
I bought the kit used, it's connected to the vacuum line so I assumed that is how it was. I did it the way the directions said so it could be either way I guess. What are you using to check your pressure?
I don't have factory fuel rails so not sure my answer would be much help.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was hopeing I might get a little more info on this. Guess not many people have experienced it or know what to do bout it

· Registered
1,750 Posts
It seems like something is not right about these BAP setups if the wires are getting hot enough to melt or partially melt. They have either way oversized the fuse in those or you guys have a problem somewhere. No way should wires be melting before a fuse blows.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems like something is not right about these BAP setups if the wires are getting hot enough to melt or partially melt. They have either way oversized the fuse in those or you guys have a problem somewhere. No way should wires be melting before a fuse blows.
I agree I have already emailed stage 6 about a dual pump setup, just seems simpler. I just hope there is not a lot else to do other than just swap the pump

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
The only thing to do after swapping hats is run a power wire to the battery and two more wires if memory serves me right. Dwight does all that stuff. I just sell the stuff. A few guys on here have done their own installs. Haven't had an issue yet other than Jake who I think forgot to cut the ground wire which turns into a power wire.

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
I agree I have already emailed stage 6 about a dual pump setup, just seems simpler. I just hope there is not a lot else to do other than just swap the pump
You must have emailed the sales email account right? Our Internet has been down since Friday there. I didn't go into work today do let me know if Ricky didn't get back to you or I'll fill you in on all the info. Thanks man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.