Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you running aftermarket fuel rails, how and where are you guys connecting to the stock fuel line? Harrison showed me a Russell connector that should work, but I'm curious how others have acheived this. Most of the companies that made adapters to connect aftermarket rails to the factory fuel line, sadly have gone out of business.:(

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
You have to remember too that most people who run after market rails usually have fuel systems too where they don't run the factory fuel lines anymore.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
I have a braided hose setup from Show & Performance.....connects to the stock hard line at the fire wall. Not cheap, but works great on the jeep.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to remember too that most people who run after market rails usually have fuel systems too where they don't run the factory fuel lines anymore.

10-4, just wondering what people are doing on their 426 swaps before they drop the $$$ on a complete fuel system.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
Agreed with H. If your going with bigger rails, chances are your new plumbing needs to go all the way back to the tank.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
With a little garage know how, you can do a braided hose and Russell connector from Summit and it won't be outrageously priced as some of the one people have been putting out. If you need some pointers, just let me know. I did mine myself.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Those of you running aftermarket fuel rails, how and where are you guys connecting to the stock fuel line? Harrison showed me a Russell connector that should work, but I'm curious how others have acheived this. Most of the companies that made adapters to connect aftermarket rails to the factory fuel line, sadly have gone out of business.:(
If your still interested in looking at a stock connection set up. I upgraded to a set of Sullivan Performance rails with dual crossovers and provisions for a fuel pressure gauge and stock fuel line connection. Now it just loops off of the firewall instead of going behind the intake manifold. I am going to do a Vortech install in the near future. Incidently my wideband sensor is on the driver side and my A/F ratios richened up after the rail was installed. About 0.4 difference.

Here's some pics of the set up:

SAM_0321.jpg SAM_0320.jpg SAM_0317.jpg SAM_0316.jpg SAM_0315.jpg

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
Rich, are you logging fuel pressure or is that sending unit just for a gauge?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Rich, are you logging fuel pressure or is that sending unit just for a gauge?
Brian,

It's not for logging fuel pressue. That's the sending unit that comes with the Cobalt fuel pressure gauge. The Sullivan fuel rails only have 1/4 NPT openings on the bottoms of the rails. Connecting a couple of 90's to get access for a guage was a lot more involved than just adding the inline connector with a 1/4 NPT. The inline connector gives plenty of clearance and is easy to access. After reading Harrison's thread about his fuel pump going fubar, it made me a believer for a fuel pressure gauge prior to getting my Vortech installed.

Reactions: mklaus
1 - 11 of 11 Posts