Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The install was fairly complicated, to the point where I had my local fab shop do it for me.
It’s been working well though, aside from a controller/wiring issue that caused excessive heat at the controller. Fore sent me a replacement unit and I made sure all connections were tinned and extra secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Bringing this back, I need a pump . 2012 Jeep srt8 s/c with p1sc 7pounds . Can a walbo 450 fit?

It can be made to fit, but it won’t flow enough and you’ll lose fuel pressure under boost.
Trust me, I installed one after pressure dropping with the factory pump. The single 450 did the same exact thing.
That’s why I went with the dual 450 Fore system.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bringing this back, I need a pump . 2012 Jeep srt8 s/c with p1sc 7pounds . Can a walbo 450 fit?
It can be done. At 7 psi a 450 it should be ok. You can even get away with OEM pump and Boost a Pump.

If you plan to modify OEM fuel basket, i have to tell you: The OEM fuel basket is complex and tight, in there is the fuel filter, fuel regulator, pump, level sender, couple hoses, etc. Not to mention, that to get to the fuel basket you have to lower the fuel tank and to do that, you have to take out exhaust components and drive shaft.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
a single 450 will be good to go. sounds like the fuel issue that Sullyz was coming across is what others had happen. a slightly torn/nicked o ring can have the fuel pressure drop.

if you have more extensive future plans/power goals, i would personally just step up to the fore system and never have to deal with fueling again

Reactions: Deiniel

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Talk to Skip at Demon. He’ll tell you the same thing. Single 450 won’t be enough. He told me that before I tried the single 450. He was right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I’ve actually read about the o ring too, I bought my Jeep used and I’m still trying to figure everything out. I’m doing o-60 in 4.1 sec. it has a ray Barton forged motor in it. Bosch 52/lb injectors and lean around 50 under boost at my afr will read sometimes 16! It read good until maybe 2-4 boost/ vacuum. I was thinking the lean at boost was hurting my 0-60. What do y’all think? And I’m really considering boost a pump now. The other pumps are like 600 and then I’ll have to change my fuel lines

21 - 32 of 32 Posts