Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched high and low, but cannot find detailed fuel pump info beyond what pumps folks have installed.
I've got a Ripp Stg 2, Arrington forged short block, ATI 18% damper, headers and high flow cats. I'm pushing 9psi and believe I'm likely running out of fuel at high rpm.
I've seen several discussions on what pumps are recommended, but zero info and how difficult they are to install. Is dropping the tank necessary, or is there an access point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
Call fore fuel systems. They make GREAT products. They have a fuel hat for all year jeeps. And for your build to wallboro 255s are good for close to 900 hp depending on what fuel your running. Even then two 255s will suffice. I have the fuel hat and 2 wallboro 255s if u want. Hell i have 4 255s. And yes drop the tank pull the hat run your feed and return get a regulator. Its not crazy i could probably wrap my complete fuel system up in 3 hours maybe lil longer. Im super tedious.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Put in a walbro 450 and it didn't work out! Was dropping to ~30psi fuel pressure before at high rpm, now it's dropping to 35psi.
I'm blown away considering this pump should outflow the Hellcat pump.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you make sure there was enough vertical room at the pre filter so it wasn't getting crushed?

What injectors are you running?

Didn't do it myself, but I'll ask my guy. He's very meticulous though. The 450 is a little shorter overall than the factory pump, which is also a TI/Walbro by the way! Part number doesn't reference anything though.

Running 80lb injectors.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Didn't do it myself, but I'll ask my guy. He's very meticulous though. The 450 is a little shorter overall than the factory pump, which is also a TI/Walbro by the way! Part number doesn't reference anything though.

Running 80lb injectors.

the 450 has a wide bottom that requires some trimming on the cylinder it fits into on the fuel hat. If not trimmed correctly this will cause the basket to crush the pre filter thus restricting flow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just noticed this is the WK2 section.... what hose was used to connect the new pump? When the hat was separated were all o-rings re-seated correctly?

Again, didn't do it myself, but my buddy did it and he's a VERY experienced tech familiar with general auto as well as race car prep and fabrication.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts