Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been having this issue with the passenger side dumping fuel, I was told it was probably a vacuum leak, or exhaust leak, intake gaskets have All been replaced, Tb o ring gasket , now headers and gaskets, and I’m still getting fuel dumped on passenger side, at this point, what else can I replace? Gas cap? Evap canister and lines ? Or would this be tune related ?

·
BlaBlaBla
5,293 Posts
I’ve been having this issue with the passenger side dumping fuel, I was told it was probably a vacuum leak, or exhaust leak, intake gaskets have All been replaced, Tb o ring gasket , now headers and gaskets, and I’m still getting fuel dumped on passenger side, at this point, what else can I replace? Gas cap? Evap canister and lines ? Or would this be tune related ?
Definitely grab a good log and send it to your tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 07ginger

·
BlaBlaBla
5,293 Posts
I did and I got the same response, “still dumping fuel on passenger side “
Pull the plugs and see what’s up. Bad coil maybe?

Reactions: 07ginger

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had new plugs put in at the same time of headers, no CeL or misfire codes, shit it’s running great, fuel fouled plug would make it shake or shutter or miss but I’m getting none of that, maybe go back to the Oem TB? I’m running one with the just the mouth opened up(ported) but nothing wild

·
BlaBlaBla
5,293 Posts
I had new plugs put in at the same time of headers, no CeL or misfire codes, shit it’s running great, fuel fouled plug would make it shake or shutter or miss but I’m getting none of that, maybe go back to the Oem TB? I’m running one with the just the mouth opened up(ported) but nothing wild
Throttle body wouldn’t be the issue with only one bank acting up.
What exactly do you mean by dumping fuel?
Plugs at the right gap?

·
Registered
30 Posts
If its running great and the plugs are not fouled what are the symptoms of dumping fuel? is it just the oxygen sensor reading for that bank, if so maybe the sensor is bad? Also I believe a vacuum leak would cause it to run lean.

·
BlaBlaBla
5,293 Posts
You have new PMs

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If its running great and the plugs are not fouled what are the symptoms of dumping fuel? is it just the oxygen sensor reading for that bank, if so maybe the sensor is bad? Also I believe a vacuum leak would cause it to run lean.
All 4 O2s are new with the new exhaust, I get black smoke at WOT, and if the O2 is bad I would get a po code right ?

·
BlaBlaBla
5,293 Posts
All 4 O2s are new with the new exhaust, I get black smoke at WOT, and if the O2 is bad I would get a po code right ?
Yes it will pop a code.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That make sense to me, lean code its adding fuel and blowing black smoke. If you have access to a smoke machine you could connect it to a vacuum line with the engine off and blow smoke into the intake system look for vacuum leaks (thats the safe way). If not, with the engine idling you could try and spray carb cleaner around the intake, vacuum lines, connectors, air inlet tubes. That's what I would try, try at your own risk and do not spray around anything that sparks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Something else I just thought about, can you see the O2 sensor readings on your scanner? if so I would look at them and see if both sides match and are going high/low like they should, could also create a vacuum leak and see if they both go lean. Just because they are all new does not mean they are all good.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We smoked, the evap, the intake before I did the gaskets, through the brake booster vacuum line, the exhaust from back to front, from cats forward

·
Registered
30 Posts
We smoked, the evap, the intake before I did the gaskets, through the brake booster vacuum line, the exhaust from back to front, from cats forward
Sounds like if there was a leak you would have found it. How about the O2's are they changing and showing true rich and lean conditions?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts