Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Jeep SRT that has had $10,000 in repairs over the last year! There is 86,000 miles on the vehicle, but since the 5 year extended warranty has passed (by 3 months) the repairs are not covered.

It started in July 2019 when a motor mount failed and fluid leaked out.

In October 2019 a roller lifted failed and shredded the cam shaft. FCA did help with part of the long block replacement, but I still stuck with a $3000 cost.

In March 2020 the water pump started leaking and had to be replaced. When the engine was replaced they put all the old accessories parts onto the new long block.

Now the SRT is making a shake and noises from the rear end. I was told today that it has a catastrophic failure and needs to be replaced at $3,500. Also the radiator is leaking and needs to be replaced. All in total is $5,100!

This is my wife's vehicle and she DOES NOT drive it hard. It is always serviced at our local Dodge/Jeep dealer and they did a transmission service a few years ago!

I don't know what else is going to fail on this vehicle. Very Frustrated in the lack of quality in this SRT!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I’ve been lucky so far on mine, oil pressure sensor and carbon fiber trim pieces falling off. SRT covered the trim on a good will case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why did you get stuck with the $3,000 when the lifters failed if it was under warranty?

how many miles were in the keep when u bought it? Sounds like it may have been abused by the previous owner. The lifter issue is common but sounds like it’s one thing after another.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 5 year warranty had expired in May 2019. The lifter failed August 2019. Even though the 100,000 had not been reached, FCA would not cover the motor.
FCA would not cover the motor 100% and gave me a 1 time exemption and paid 1/2 of the bill, but I had to pay $3,000

I bought this Jeep SRT new in May 2014. Its always been serviced at the dealer. Oil changes and other service has always been done BEFORE they were due. They have all the records.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ahh sorry, I read it as the warranty just expired 3 months ago.
The fact its out of warranty and your dumping money into it, I would say it's time to think about offloading it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
once things get opened up... if they are not put back together correctly... lots of things can go wrong... the fact that they didn't change the thermostat shows they do not care... they should have charged you for the parts but put it in at no additional cost... thermostats failing are a know issue with the 6.4. I would sell it...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had same kind of issues with my 2014. To be honest, I normally don't buy extended warrenties but in this case, my wife insisted and as it turns out, saved me literally $8000 in repairs within a year of purchase. Water pump went out within a month, but was covered as I was under their warranty still. Within the first 4 months I had to have a new motor and thats when I found out they put all the old parts onto the new block...seems rediculous to me but bean counters suck and they are who dictate what gets do

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 5 year warranty had expired in May 2019. The lifter failed August 2019. Even though the 100,000 had not been reached, FCA would not cover the motor.
FCA would not cover the motor 100% and gave me a 1 time exemption and paid 1/2 of the bill, but I had to pay $3,000

I bought this Jeep SRT new in May 2014. Its always been serviced at the dealer. Oil changes and other service has always been done BEFORE they were due. They have all the records.
Sorry your going through this ...mine went at around the same mileage also a 14 SRT and FCA/ SRT replaced everything but the block.... $0 outta pocket maybe its the dealership you went too. The Cam and lifters, are known issues (water pump etc should’ve been replace via warranty) under recall. I took out all kinds of warranties on my Jeep. I would call SRT directly (855)778-8326 hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe that's why it keep breaking because it needs to be driven harder! I have a 2012 Srt and recently had to put a new fuel pump in. The fuse kept blowing once everything got warmed up. I had to wait a couple weeks for the pump because it was on national back order. Only owned it for a lil over a year and put about 8k miles on it. Fingers crossed im not going down that costly path

·
Registered
5 Posts
We lost the lifter, but went full build on or 2015, had machine shops do the work and I did the build and install. The rest is easy stuff to do at home. Bust out some wrenches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually my dog issue now is the Rear Diff that failed! This is costing me @3k. Metal all inside.
Anyone have a rear diff failure?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts