Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you that have had this happen, what did the front bulb cost and was it easy to pop in?

I have a SRT8 2008.

I saw a how to PDF from a prior search but was looking for real life experience.

Thanks.

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Do you have the HID option on your 08 or do you have just standard halogen bulbs ... an easy way to tell is - do they light up with a yellow tinge or are they very white with a hint of blue ?
If you have normal halogen bulbs its p/n 9006 and shouldn't be more than a hand full of bucks from your local Auto parts store ( I recommended changing both sides at the same time ) if its the DRL/ high beam bulb then its a 9005.
As far as the HID's go, im not too sure what the OEM p/n would be as I have aftermarket bulbs in mine

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have the ones that light up, level and then are white with a hint of blue. The HID option.

No way im paying dealers price. Did you order yours from steve at xenon depot?

Are they easy to replace yourself? Im reading different things on this board. I just wanna pop in and replace the bulb. I cant imagine that is too complicated.

Do you have the HID option on your 08 or do you have just standard halogen bulbs ... an easy way to tell is - do they light up with a yellow tinge or are they very white with a hint of blue ?
If you have normal halogen bulbs its p/n 9006 and shouldn't be more than a hand full of bucks from your local Auto parts store ( I recommended changing both sides at the same time ) if its the DRL/ high beam bulb then its a 9005.
As far as the HID's go, im not too sure what the OEM p/n would be as I have aftermarket bulbs in mine

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
If you have the OEM HID projectors it is pretty easy assuming you are referring to the low beam.
Remove the big rubber cap on the back of the light, release the clip, remove "bulb", unplug "bulb".
And do the reverse for install.

I have bought D1S bulbs for the low beam in OEM HIDs before from Steve at Xenon Depot as I slightly changed the color of the light.

If it is the high beam, it is even easier.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what I wanted to hear.

Thank you.

If you have the OEM HID projectors it is pretty easy assuming you are referring to the low beam.
Remove the big rubber cap on the back of the light, release the clip, remove "bulb", unplug "bulb".

I have bought D1S bulbs for the low beam in OEM HIDs before from Steve at Xenon Depot as I slightly changed the color of the light.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok man.

Rubber cap came off

unclipped the bulk "housing" thing.

problem is, how do I get the actually bulb out? do i disconnect the housing thing or does the bulb just pop out some kind of way?

im not a car guy man, i just like to drive them,

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
That metal base is part of the bulb. You pull it outward and then you will be able to unplug it. There are some really small tabs on the plug you need to push down to get it to release from the bulb.

You may try swapping from one side to the other to ensure that it is the bulb that is bad and not the Ballast.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So of course. I just dont see the little tabs and I can't locate a picture online. Someone needs to youtube simple stuff like like for those of us who dont like to tinker with our cars. Going to the dealer for this is gonna suck....Doing the brakes was easier.

Be sure not to touch the bulb with your fingers either. You can touch the metal base...just not the glass tube.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First off thanks for the help.

Second, Ive attached a pic. Maybe this can refresh your mind and what I am supposed to press.

They are tiny. Right in the middle of the plug on the side facing the glass tube (top) and bottom side if I remember correctly. Almost need to use your nails to push them in if you have bigger hands/fingers.

Attachments

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
There is going to be one right about here, and on the other side as well. They are very small and don't really stick up.

If I was at my house I could take a pic of one using my DSLR to hopefully get them in focus.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.