Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started hearing a "clunking" noise coming from the driver's side front wheel. I hear it only when I'm decelerating and it's from high speed to barely moving. The frequency of the noise matches the speed of the wheel and it seems that I hear it once every revolution of the wheel. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow but have heard so many bad experiences on here when it comes to diagnostics that I would really like to have some idea when going in there. Does anyone have any idea? It's a 07 with 50k miles.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Make sure you take a senior technician out for a drive to poit it out. Do not go back to the dealership until he agrees that he hears what your hearing. Are you still under warranty?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I throw my hat in for nomination of dumba$$ of the year. Turned out to be a loose wheel. Apparently I didn't torque down the lug nuts tight enough when I put the Scorpions on for winter. They checked the rest of the wheels just in case so I'm good to go now. I fully expect them to make fun of me every time I see them from now on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.