Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rear Joint of my front drive shaft is flinging grease on the transfer case connection end and looking to find a replacement joint piece or a fully assembled driveshaft.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I fixed the rear end of that front drive shaft. But when I put it back in place, somehow the front end fixed cv joint, either the gasket ring or something slipped, but it flung grease all over the first drive... all over my cat converter which burned, causing white smoke, I was like “ oh shit, now what?!?” Grease all over my new starter I had installed, everywhere.
I opened the boot to make sure there was still plenty of grease left. Took some extra Cv joint grease and tried to smash it in there. I would prefer to replace that end as well.

any known place that sells the front end fixed CV joint online? The only ones I can find are for the regular WK Cherokees. With 4x4 limited slip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m actually putting the wheel back on and taking it for a test drive as we speak. I’ll let you know. But I know that when I go in reserves there is def some clunking in my driver side axel as that cv boot lost grease from a seized wheel bearing. When you don’t do maintenance on a vehicle for these types of parts since 07, they are a son of a bitch to pop! Lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back from the drive! The clunk from the driveshaft is gone. But I think the clunk I still have is from the driver side Axel. Which I have a complete driver side axel assembly coming I bought from rockauto.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Are you still looking for a driveshaft or not? This can be moved to a place for conversations

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts