Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed there seems some fluid residue/coating where the front diff meets the passanger side axle, i dont see any wet spots on my driveway or any leakeage at all. Has some kind of seal gone bad or what? I am not sure but will be doing the diffs and tcase fluids soon..Will also try to get some pics sometimes during the day.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not sure if this is normal either, but i was doing about 100 then i can hear/notice by my feet some weird noise, i dont know if the tcase doesnt like high speeds or the front diff/axles are making the noise...i am going to do a fluid change soon, the truck has only 29k miles on it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Change front diff fluid and gasket. It's been my experience that the seals go bad quickly on the front diff, especially if you like to launch at stoplights. :D

Lots of weird noises occur on these Jeeps. If it sounds like it's coming from under the driver seat/center console, probably the TC. Most likely, if it is the TC, it's the chain, which tends to loosen.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i feel it by my feet, actually left foot lol..but yeah i am doing the diff and tcase fluids next week...if the chain is loose how you do you tighten it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know this goning to sound funny but, have you cleaned and oiled the air filter lately? Did mine a while back and put alittle too much oil on it and had some drip down. The oil was red, looked like trans fluid leaking.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the mopar intake so the filter has not been oiled..i think the coating of front diff fluid was from the car sitting for too long (older gentleman had it that barely drovie it), when that happens all the fluid settles at the bottom and eventually it will moist the seales and sip through it. I got my oil change and used a brake cleaner to spray clean the area, and since the car is getting driven daily now, no issue with the sippage anywhere now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts