Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey sports fans I have an 07 SRT8 61 I replaced rotors and pads now when I attempt to pull out of my driveway the brakes lock by it's self the harder you step on the gas pedal the harder the brakes go on I have got them to release by pulling the little pink fuse for the anti-lock booster but they still have a lot of warning lights on if I do manage to get it out of the driveway it goes for a little while walks up then releases then pops into limp mode will not go over 20 miles an hour been working on this over a month now try to replacing the wheel sensors all the Piston sliding and out of the brambos freely everything is lubricated with the correct grease on the pins and sides of the pads everything was clean very well upon assembly very strange sequence when you stick it in gear and try to go backwards it wants to lock up the tires automatically on its own and falls into limp mode
please help anything is welcome

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've been reading for about 10 minutes and found some stuff like this

"To identify the source, when problem occurs, loosen the master cylinder brake pipes and if the brakes releases, the fault lies with the master cylinder. If the brakes does not release, then the fault would be with the ABS accumulator."

Dont know if this will help but maybe another lead

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just curious why changing the pads and the rotor would trigger a situation that causes the gc to apply the brakes extremely hard by itself thank you for your help this thing scares the s*** out of whoever's in the gc when it does it. I did loosen the break fluid reserve when I push the Pistons back in everything went back in fairly easy with just my hands I did power bleed the brakes that didn't change anything it's extremely scary when the brakes slam on
Thanks for your help I will take a look at that ABS accumulator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey sports fans I have an 07 SRT8 61 I replaced rotors and pads now when I attempt to pull out of my driveway the brakes lock by it's self the harder you step on the gas pedal the harder the brakes go on I have got them to release by pulling the little pink fuse for the anti-lock booster but they still have a lot of warning lights on if I do manage to get it out of the driveway it goes for a little while walks up then releases then pops into limp mode will not go over 20 miles an hour been working on this over a month now try to replacing the wheel sensors all the Piston sliding and out of the brambos freely everything is lubricated with the correct grease on the pins and sides of the pads everything was clean very well upon assembly very strange sequence when you stick it in gear and try to go backwards it wants to lock up the tires automatically on its own and falls into limp mode
please help anything is welcome
The brakes release and the truck rolls fine until you put it in gear and try to give it gas when you give it gas that's when the brakes apply themselves otherwise if it's jacked up you can spin all the wheels very freely I have ordered a new CPU I'll see if that helps

·
Registered
171 Posts
The master cylinder and brake booster aren't leaking? No fluid in the brake booster?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts