Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Front Acceleration sensor - suspension error

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  1Skull 
#1 ·
Recently I had a message about faulty adaptive suspension - after scaning I've found that front right acceleration sensor is probably broken (error code C15B3-76).
Can anyone know where that sensor is located? I can't find any schematics or drawings with it.

#7 ·
I've just cleaned connectors next to each wheel with contact spray. While doing that I found out that one wire that leads to a sensor was loose - a plastic clip wasn't properly attached to the frame. After securing that wire all started working fine.

#9 ·
FOLLOWUP: I found the OEM Acceleration Sensor at a dealer, 2 shipping days away. Cost about $150. After installing it, I still have the same fault codes (ground or wrong mounting position) with the new sensor. So now, I'll start tracing wires looking for the faulted ground. Other posters on this site have mentioned the Control Module is under the back seat....I'll start there and update what I find.

#11 ·
Well…..I got as far as unplugging the new sensor, which is not so easy to do, but didn’t have time to do much wire tracing before the car had to go on a road trip. I did discover that the intermittent chime and dash reminder to “service suspension” quit its annoyance during driving and only occurs once at startup, then goes away. Heck, that’s close enough for me! …. Left it unplugged and moved on with life.