Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 on June 10. I placed a deposit and received a written order stating friends and family discount. Approximately August 10 I was given a copy of my invoice with my Vin # and a sales order reflecting the Friends and Family Discount and tax with a total around $60,XXX.00. I recently get a call from sales person that car will be in Oct 5 and dealer is not honoring any discounts and price is MSRP. I met with General Manager today and he says its not a dealer decision it is Chysler Corporate. He mentions specifically a guy named Giles who runs SRT Division. Cost just went up $3600.00. Here are my questions......can anyone here verify that this is the case? Does anyone have a number for Chrysler Customer Service that I can confirm this with and if true file a complaint with?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Can't speak to the Friends and Family pricing specifically but I did confirm through the Affiliates website and discussions with my dealer that they are not offering affiliate pricing on the 2012 SRT's. If your sales order doesn't stipulate that the pricing is only offered if honored by the manufacturer then you might have a case. It sounds like they are basically telling you SRT's are excluded from special pricing therefore they will not honor the agreement that they made with you. You'll have to let us know how this turns out. Unfortunately you probably aren't the only one who will have to deal with this kind of BS from the dealers.

·
Administrator
5,855 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts