Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been noticing an annoying interior rattle from my SRT lately. I took the time to shake every panel and I think I found the source… the seatbelt mount on the pillar. Since it’s adjustable, the plastic panels rattle against each other making the noises.

Now I need to figureout a fix for it…

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s annoying, but bearable… I was brainstorming solutions and came up with an idea, but it would requiring pulling the panel off.

Since the belt anchor plate moves up and down inside the cover panel, I was thinking about lining the front and back edges of the moving plate with flocked tape

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a similar rattle on my Charger. I raised the adjuster to the highest position, then attached a piece of black velcro (soft fabric side) to the lowest exposed portion of the adjuster. When the adjuster was then lowered behind the exterior panel, the velcro provided enough pressure to stop the rattle.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I sort of fixed it by accident! It’s a real Mickey Mouse solution though…. After reading FWEASEL’s post, I went out to take a look. I moved the belt to the highest position and started pressing on the panels. I guess I pressed a little too hard because I bushed the bottom back corner out of its plastic rail slightly. BUT no more rattle! And depending on what angle you look at it, you dont see that it’s out of alignment.
Automotive design Vehicle Chair Car seat Tints and shades
Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Car Automotive mirror

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
45 Posts
I have a small rattle coming from the passenger seat plastic close to the door. It’s the piece around the controls. That’s a good idea for the Velcro thing. Ima try that out. That’s all it needs is some positive pressure on it to chill it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts