Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guy's, As we now have a front Wavetrac that will soon be available I have some questions that I would like some insight on.

1: How much do you think this will help my torque steer issue? While my springs and links helped minimize it it is still very much present. I feel its back even more with the sudden power increase from the Procharger.

2: Some of you guys have had some incredible 60' times with just drag radials and also with radials and a LSD. How much more do you feel that a front LSD would have improved your already stellar 60'?

Im also thinking about swapping my gears out. I drive at 70 mph a lot as Im on the highway quite a bit. Actually more like 75 as the speed limit is 70. Im wanting to raise my gearing to lower my highway RPM's to. I would love to be able to cruise at 80 and be below 2500 RPM's rather than 3000+.

3: Does anyone have a gearing/RPM calculator that would work for our rigs I can base a gear choice off of?

Thanks in advance guy's, and thanks Chris and Skip for doing what you guys have done to make this happen for us!

3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bernie,
I just saw I started this in the general section and not general performance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chad

3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im thinking Id like to be as close to 2,000 Rpm's at 80 mph as I can be without sacrificing performance or 1/4 mile times. If that makes any sense.

3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How about 3.07, 3.21, 3.55? All potential options. Based on 80 mph highway cruise.

3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn!!! 211 mph? That's just dumb. Haha. How about 3.21?

Never mind I see you posted it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im worried what it would do to my ET at the strip going with the taller gears.

· RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
Im worried what it would do to my ET at the strip going with the taller gears.

I ran 3.27 gears at track with my 440 and i launched unbelievable. The question
Is why kind of power or what do you think your trap speed I'll be? Ideally you want

Trap at the top of fourth gear but the top of 3rd isn't bad either. In 4th there are different issues
to battle that aren't present in third.

I have tried every combo of gears and the 3.27 was by far the best ll around.
Evn had 4.56 gears in my jeep and i nearly committed suicide from the noise!!

· Registered
82 Posts
Hey Guy's, As we now have a front Wavetrac that will soon be available I have some questions that I would like some insight on.

1: How much do you think this will help my torque steer issue? While my springs and links helped minimize it it is still very much present. I feel its back even more with the sudden power increase from the Procharger.

2: Some of you guys have had some incredible 60' times with just drag radials and also with radials and a LSD. How much more do you feel that a front LSD would have improved your already stellar 60'?

Im also thinking about swapping my gears out. I drive at 70 mph a lot as Im on the highway quite a bit. Actually more like 75 as the speed limit is 70. Im wanting to raise my gearing to lower my highway RPM's to. I would love to be able to cruise at 80 and be below 2500 RPM's rather than 3000+.

3: Does anyone have a gearing/RPM calculator that would work for our rigs I can base a gear choice off of?

Thanks in advance guy's, and thanks Chris and Skip for doing what you guys have done to make this happen for us!
Goto Richmond gears website. Click on "Gear and transmission calculators" on the left main menu, then click on street performance calculator and fill in the info: gears, speed, tire size etc.

· Registered
328 Posts
Sorry to hyjack...am I reading this correctly that we will have a choice soon to run lower gear front and back?

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Sorry to hyjack...am I reading this correctly that we will have a choice soon to run lower gear front and back?
Will soon be an option :D

3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Think of the fuel mileage!!!! It's going to be crazy...
I have two thoughts on this, gas mileage improvement and holding third further down the track.

Maybe holding third on a 3.27 gear ratio is incorrect thinking or application?

3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, thanks for the help Chris. Would a 3.07 hurt my ET? Or would holding third with a 120-ish trap make up for it on the back half of the track?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.