Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched for more info on the Flocharger and found nothing. I found mentions of previous boost-a-pump type things that Procharger used to include in kits and also mention of some kind of add on pump.

So what are you guys doing for fuel? Get the Flocharger? Boost-a-pump? Something else?

I am debating getting the Procharger now.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I have searched and searched for more info on the Flocharger and found nothing. I found mentions of previous boost-a-pump type things that Procharger used to include in kits and also mention of some kind of add on pump.

So what are you guys doing for fuel? Get the Flocharger? Boost-a-pump? Something else?

I am debating getting the Procharger now.

The Flocharger is Procharger's name for their boost-a-pump. Call Harrison @ Stage 6 for a dual Walbro setup in a modified factory fuel hat, that's what I'm running with my Procharger.

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
We have a ton of orders that just went in, half the guys are going with the flochargers, and the other guys that plan on bigger builds one day are opting out and going with fuel systems right now. It depends on what you want to end up doing I guess. If you plan on going to bigger boost and built motor one day go with a fuel system, if your plans are to keep it with just the 7psi-8psi kit, then you'll be fine with just the FloCharger setup. Up to you. Let me know if you want me to shoot over some pricing, I think I already have but I've done so many that I'm losing my mind!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Flocharger is Procharger's name for their boost-a-pump. Call Harrison @ Stage 6 for a dual Walbro setup in a modified factory basket, that's what I'm running with my Procharger.
I pm'd him twice and got no response. So it is a boost a pump type thing... Man, it's hard to get details about it. I looked for a search option on their site and couldn't find it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a ton of orders that just went in, half the guys are going with the flochargers, and the other guys that plan on bigger builds one day are opting out and going with fuel systems right now. It depends on what you want to end up doing I guess. If you plan on going to bigger boost and built motor one day go with a fuel system, if your plans are to keep it with just the 7psi-8psi kit, then you'll be fine with just the FloCharger setup. Up to you. Let me know if you want me to shoot over some pricing, I think I already have but I've done so many that I'm losing my mind!!

Thanks... You did pm over pricing. I appreciate it. Great prices by the way.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I pm'd him twice and got no response. So it is a boost a pump type thing... Man, it's hard to get details about it. I looked for a search option on their site and couldn't find it.

Yup, this is what the Flowcharger looks like:

ATI FP001I-009 - Fuel Pump Voltage Booster

Fuel Pump Voltage Booster
Adding a turbo or supercharger to your engine is a great way to improve the power of your vehicle. But you have to remember that when you increase the air intake you must increase fuel volume proportionally. Supercharging your fuel injected car will force additional air into your engine, thus yielding huge horsepower gains; but don't forget to add additional fuel. Although ECU upgrades, bigger fuel pumps, and larger fuel injectors are preferable, a boost-a-pump, like this one by Procharger is a quick, easy, and cost effective way to increase your cars fuel pump performance. ProCharger Boost-A-Pump is the economical answer for your engine’s new fuel demands. As boost pressure increases in the manifold, the ProCharger electric fuel pump increases voltage to the electric fuel pump to maintain the fuel volume. It can be set up to either be at 12 volts or 16.5 volts.

Unlike the Kennybell and MSD boost-a-pumps the ProCharger Boost-A-Pump can be used on fuel systems without a return line.
Flow Charger Module Description
The Flow Charger is a compact, high efficiency microprocessor based voltage boosting unit. It is capable of taking input voltages as low as 10.5 volts and boost the output voltage to 20 volts (on Adjustable Output Voltage Models). This is particularly useful for increasing the output capacity of the vehicle's fuel pump by 20%, as shipped. This increase is equally applied to both stock fuel pumps or aftermarket fuel pumps. Voltage can be adjusted higher for larger gains, when using an optional voltage selector unit.
The Flow Charger is designed to be installed with a boost pressure switch to trigger the voltage boost mode. The Flow Charger incorporates an internal high amperage relay to permit system voltage bypass when in normal, non-boost mode operation. When the pressure switch closes under higher manifold pressures (i.e. when the engine's fueling demand is high), then the Flow Charger is triggered to deliver the fuel pump the extra voltage needed to deliver the added fuel supply. When the engine's manifold pressure drops and fueling demand falls off, the Flow Charger returns fuel pump voltage back to standard system voltage. By using this 'voltage boost only under demand' approach, the Flow Charger does not stress the fuel pump when the vehicle is driven under normal, light power loads.

*Size: W - 4.5" L - 4.6" H - 1.6"
*Weight: 25.5 oz. / 725 gm
*Input Voltage: 10.5 - 14.5 Volts
*Output Voltage: Selectable between 15.5 - 20.0 Volts
*Output Voltage Accuracy: ±0.2 Volts
*Output Power (Maximum): 200 Watts continuous, 400 Watts intermittently up to 30 sec.
*Output Current (Maximum): 20 Amps
*Internal Output Relay Coil: 12 V, 78mA hold, <250mA inrush
*External Connectors: Delphi Metri-Pack 150 Sealed Connector
*Maximum Ambient Operating Temperature: 140°F / 60°C

Flow Charger Module Features

*When used with powering automotive fuel pumps, the Flow Charger provides increased voltage to fuel pump from 15.5 - 20 Volts. This will provide up to an extra 60% fuel capacity to the existing pump.
*Ultra high power conversion efficiency (~96%) ensures minimum power draw on the vehicle's electrical system while producing the lease amount of heat.
*Maintains a constant fuel pump voltage regardless of system voltage.
*NVH - High frequency Switch mode control (>100Khz) provides silent operation.
*Does not affect pump longevity. The Flow Charger can be set up to only boost voltage under demand.
*Circuit board is hermetically sealed and fully enclosed.
*Uses standard power terminals to allow as large as 8 AWG wire.
*Built in power fuse simplifies installation and eliminates wiring confusion.
*Internal output relay eliminates need for external relay or running high current through smaller stock relays and wires.
*Contact closure (via separate pressure switch) triggers voltage boost.
*Unique pass through voltage circuitry allows normal system voltage output when unit is not triggered to boost voltage.
*TPS Voltage, MAP Voltage and MAF Hz external triggers also available to trigger voltage boosting.
*Detailed, color illustrated installation and user instructions included.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
I asked me about injectors and I responded to you this morning Todd. Your local, come by the shop and we can do a dual pump setup for you. It'll take just a few hours. You'll never have to worry about fuel again. You have my cell number too bro. Give me a shout whenever.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked me about injectors and I responded to you this morning Todd. Your local, come by the shop and we can do a dual pump setup for you. It'll take just a few hours. You'll never have to worry about fuel again. You have my cell number too bro. Give me a shout whenever.

Definitely not bichin.... Although I can see it may have sounded that way. I just didn't want to bug you so close to Christmas. Didn't want to break up family plans etc. You deserve a break too!

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Haha..... yeah I've been trying to take the weekends off to hang with the fam. The wife gets tired of me staring at my screen all day.:lol: It's allgood Todd. Give me a shout whenever and we can get you taken care of. You'll have more fuel than you'll probably ever need. It's always better to have too much than not enough.

I'm just not a fan of any voltage booster personally. After all the fuel hat mods we've been doing for people, it's incredibly easy spotting the people who have been using them. Their wiring is blued like mad from the extra current being used. Personally, IMO, a twin pump setup is the safest and smartest way to go. Why stress out one pump by making it work overtime when you can have 2 pumps working nice and easy? The stock pump is a decent pump. It's made by Walbro. It's a 190lph. I have seen quite a few voltage boosters kill stock pumps over the years. If you don't have a fuel pressure gauge, when that thing start to die, guess what happens to you AFR's? If you don't have a wideband then you're REALLY up shits creek.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Haha..... yeah I've been trying to take the weekends off to hang with the fam. The wife gets tired of me staring at my screen all day.:lol: It's allgood Todd. Give me a shout whenever and we can get you taken care of. You'll have more fuel than you'll probably ever need. It's always better to have too much than not enough.

I'm just not a fan of any voltage booster personally. After all the fuel hat mods we've been doing for people, it's incredibly easy spotting the people who have been using them. Their wiring is blued like mad from the extra current being used. Personally, IMO, a twin pump setup is the safest and smartest way to go. Why stress out one pump by making it work overtime when you can have 2 pumps working nice and easy? The stock pump is a decent pump. It's made by Walbro. It's a 190lph. I have seen quite a few voltage boosters kill stock pumps over the years. If you don't have a fuel pressure gauge, when that thing start to die, guess what happens to you AFR's? If you don't have a wideband then you're REALLY up shits creek.

Hell to the MFing yeah :eek:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I pm'd this but thought it would be valuable for others to see the answer so I wanted to post here as well.

When you do the twin pumps, would you also recommend doing bigger fuel rails at the same time? At least using factory lines adapted to the aftermarket rails. I would imagine having the extra reserve fuel on top of the injectors pooling in the rails would help take advantage of the extra flow of the new pumps.

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
With any fuel hat I would recommend line upgrades, in line filter, regulator, rails and the proper fittings. That way you don't ever have to look back at the fuel system...get it done once and get it done right the first time.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
With any fuel hat I would recommend line upgrades, in line filter, regulator, rails and the proper fittings. That way you don't ever have to look back at the fuel system...get it done once and get it done right the first time.
Sorry Skip but I gotta totally disagree on that. It all depends on what hp level you're going for. If you're wanting to make 900+rwhp then I would say definitely do the full system. We've already seen just fuel pump upgrade support plenty of hp. For the majority of people in this site, a full system isn't needed.

For Todd..... I'm pretty sure he isn't going for ludicrous speed. YoungMedic is already at 923rwhp with twin Walbro's and stock fuel line.

I do agree with you though Skip that it is a good idea, but not needed for everyone. There are other things people can buy than a full fuel system. We've seen a few Jeeps in the high 10's, mid 10's and one running 10.0's all on the stock lines and system with pump upgrades and fuel rails. Paulie's Jeep being the extreme case. I would like to see a boost referenced setup in his Jeep though. Everyone else has been just fine. Again..... it's all about people's hp level goals.

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Twin walbro's please! :D Stage 6 for the win for coming up with this upgrade.

·
Registered
570 Posts
What does the twin pump setup cost? Thanks.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Holy smokes! What size lines are on these things from the getgo?
I am not sure what size, but I heard our lines are bigger then the LX guys.... Can someone confirm what size our fuel line is compared to an LX car?

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
What does the twin pump setup cost? Thanks.
I'm not 100% positive but from what I hear its $375 for twin 255 lph Walbro's and you have to send in a core basket which can be purchased online for pretty cheap, est$75 bucks...correct me if I'm wrong guys...you can also get upgraded 405 pumps for an additional $80 bucks I believe...but again, I'm just going off what I know, only the Stage6 boys can give you the official $$$ numbers...I think I'm close though.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Skips right. We charge $375 for the twin pump upgrade with 255's in it. You also get a Hobbs switch which cuts the second pump on at 2-3psi of boost and all wiring and a relay. New fuel hat are expensive bc Chryco won't sell just the basket. You can buy one online from car-parts Or somewhere pretty cheap or you can send us yours. If you do buy one, we will buy your stock one for what you paid for your other with proof of purchase. We usually get the hat out the same day we get it in so down time is minimal.

We are still testing the 370's in mine. Still not 100% about them but for 98% of people, the twin 255's will be more than adequate.

Reactions: Marauder
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.