Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A Superior Court has suspended operation of the Auto Club Dragway. The suspension results from a successful challenge of a San Bernardino County sound standard by a group of concerned residents. San Bernardino County officials had approved an amendment to the County Sound Standard in 2010 to accommodate louder sound arising from races at the Dragway. The Superior Court found that the underlying Environmental Impact Report which the County relied on to approve the sound standard amendment was not sufficient.
We are currently reviewing the court ruling and evaluating our options moving forward. We hope to have more detailed information about our future operations at the Dragway soon.

The NHRA Street Legal Drags on Saturday, March 3rd will be canceled.

I wonder if will apply to the NASCAR races here as well. This leaves us in S. CA with 2 1/8 mile tracks in San Deigo area if Irwindale doesnt reopen.

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Our local dirt track was forced closed do to a noise ordinance.

Some people are just unhappy and complain about everything to suck the fun out of the world.

· Registered
5,848 Posts
Sucks bud! I blame the developers. I assume the track was there before the houses. And if so, the developer knew it was there before breaking ground, and the pinheads who moved in knew it too. I say first come first serve. The judge should've told them to have a Coke and a smile and STFU…

I think Bandi is safe from this type of thing. For one they own all the land around the track, are on the side of a mountain, which provides a natural solid rock noise barrier from anyone above, and the only thing below is the freeway. Above is Red Rocks Park and an open air amphitheater. So it's a long ways to houses.

wink

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sucks bud! I blame the developers. I assume the track was there before the houses. And if so, the developer knew it was there before breaking ground, and the pinheads who moved in knew it too. I say first come first serve. The judge should've told them to have a Coke and a smile and STFU…

I think Bandi is safe from this type of thing. For one they own all the land around the track, are on the side of a mountain, which provides a natural solid rock noise barrier from anyone above, and the only thing below is the freeway. Above is Red Rocks Park and an open air amphitheater. So it's a long ways to houses.

wink
Were pertty sure Irwindale will reopen as the owner of the property doesnt want it setting empty as there was a long time lease on it that is still open. The only problem is the drag strip cant pay the 55,000 dollar a month rent by its self. The nascar track will have to be going to get it all done. Now the owner could lower the rent just for the drag strip but who knows what hes going to do.

· Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Yeah they have walls (not designed sound walls) Johnny but this is a political football. Sucks. Like Jim says hopefully Irwindale will be back online in the near future.

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just called calif speedway about this whole thing as far as the noise. It doesnt affect NASCAR or INDY and they both run open exhaust it just dont make since. All the drag cars have to run thru mufflers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.