Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
5,864 Posts
Yep, bought one a few years ago. I just use Adams Polishes car wash soap in it and it works just fine.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Yes I bought one from AutoGeek. It's pretty useful, I've used it a couple times only so far. I always use it and then wash down, then use my auto glym shampoo.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
I bought one of those foam guns too. Never used it. I have a "spotless" water system that is basically a deionized water filter. I wash, rinse with the DI water and dry with a leaf blower. Never a water spot. :D

http://crspotless.com/

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,864 Posts
Yeah, I just lay the soap down on the whole vehicle and wash in the regular way with more soap in the bucket. I agree using the leaf blower too!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I've wondered about these leaf blowers. I might try it out, I always have to use a compressor to get the water off the wheels and stuff.

Also I don't understand what exactly the spotless water thing do? Can you explain a little?

·
4,862 Posts
I don't understand what exactly the spotless water thing do? Can you explain a little?
Fundamentals of Deionization by Ion Exchange.

Deionization is a method used most often by laboratories to produce purified water on demand. All naturally-occurring water contains dissolved mineral salts. In solution, salts separate into positively-charged cations and negatively-charged anions. Deionization can reduce the amounts of these ions to very low levels through the process of ion exchange. Cations are removed by cation exchange resin. It replaces sodium, calcium, magnesium, and other cations with hydrogen ions (H+). This exchange produces acids which must be removed or neutralized by anion exchange resin. Two general types of anion resin are used for deionization: weak base resin and strong base resin. Weak base resin adsorbs strong acids, while strong base resin exchanges chloride, sulfate and alkaline anions for hydroxide ions (OH-). The hydrogen ions from the cation exchange process combine with the hydroxide ions from the anion exchange process to form water (HOH or H2O). Because the deionization process is so effective, the water quality is usually measured by the water's resistance to electric current (in OHM-cm). The end result is purified water that won't leave mineral deposits - water spots - on your car!

·
4,862 Posts
Thanks. Also any Leaf blower you recommend or pretty much any will get the job done?
Any will work, I use a backpack style.

·
Registered
162 Posts
FYI if you don't own a leaf blower a shopvac with blower function works good too ....

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
I like that one but if you have a power washer take a look at this one.
http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-foam-cannon-hp.html
I have it and definitely recommend it.

FYI if you don't own a leaf blower a shopvac with blower function works good too ....

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App
Yup, I also have the Shopvac with the detachable blower function and it works great.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have a shop vac/Leaf blower. I just detach the blower after a wash.....use it.....then I re-attach and vac the interior. Works great!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
What I use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts