Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out about this part and decided to check it out. The web site says it won’t work with AFE intakes or Mopar intakes. I have the Mopar intake on my ride, but after seeing pics of the part, I figured I might be able to make it work.

The FloThroo part sits perfectly on top of the Mopar intake. The only problem is the thickness of the Mopar’s retaining lip under the thickness of the FloThroo’s lip is too wide for the stock retaining pins to hold securely.

I can either try to find longer pins or cut the lip off the Mopar (shown in red). I’d prefer to find the pins to avoid having to do any cutting, but we’ll see. I don’t know if it adds anything performance wise, but I liked the under hood bling factor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stupid me... it turns out that FloThroo supplied me with the exact same pins! When I tried reusing the pins that were already there, they were too short. After finding my own replacements, I went to throw away the packaging and their replacement pins fell out of the box! So I guess I have a spare set now.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I got a couple of these for my Trackhawk and SRT recently that took 3 weeks
and didn't come with any pins

Rivets

So I used these plastic rivets like the one's that hold the fenders to the wheelwells. A 50 pc bag is only $7.00
You have to drill them out to remove them but that's no big deal should you want to.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On FloThroo’s order page, there should be an option to order replacement pins for $5-$6. Depending on your application, the ones that were already there MIGHT work.

Out of curiosity HemiCruiser, do you plan on getting a CAI for TrackHawk that will benefit from the mod?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
On FloThroo’s order page, there should be an option to order replacement pins for $5-$6. Depending on your application, the ones that were already there MIGHT work.

Out of curiosity HemiCruiser, do you plan on getting a CAI for TrackHawk that will benefit from the mod?
I tried an open element Livernois but it was too loud for me.
After pulling the stock pins they wouldn't work again.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I put the other one in my SRT today.

I used the plastic rivets that are 50 for 7.00

You can use a fork and some needle nose vice grips to pull them

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s one hell of a horn you got there!!! I sure people get at of the way when you lean on it… that and the ProCharger whine 👍🏽

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
That’s one hell of a horn you got there!!! I sure people get at of the way when you lean on it… that and the ProCharger whine 👍🏽
The Procharger hoses go right where the horns are and I could hardly hear them
even with one superhorn then both died and so when I had the front end off I ran some wires and added this 35.00 airhorn from Amazon and put it on my home made heatwall because it was a perfect place for it.
Now it sounds like a big truck and I can hear it loud and clear inside the vehicle.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts