Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to search but couldnt find a definitive answer;

Does anyone have a "how to" on fitting resistors to the taillights when installing an LED bulb - I'm about to buy all the parts from KB but wasnt sure where to fit what....

· Registered
665 Posts
There is a lot of room behind the Taillight just make sure it clear of anything it could melt they get hot and make sure the wire is long enough that you can pull the light in and out since you have to mount it to the body you can leave it hanging but that just asking for a fire

Reactions: britpara

· Registered
665 Posts
Since it's an 07 with the 3 wire tail it will have the 2 wires one for brake/turn and one for running and of corse the ground . All I know is these truck are very picky when it comes to the wiring . I would try it on the turn/brake light first and see if it has any ill effects . not sure but you might have to put one on but wires . Hope that helps a little .
OH brain fart . I have Switchbacks in the front and I have a 3 ohm res on the front turn signals and led bulbs in the back without any res in the back since it's all tied together so I am guessing that if you tap the turn/brake wire you should be fine .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.