Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im going to the track with my jeep tonight for the first time wondering what all i need to do and if yall have some tips for me on starting or anything else i should know thanks guys

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Have you drag raced before at a track?

As far as launching it goes you can either just punch it or stall it 1500-2000 rpm and see what works better

Also there is a fuse you can pull that will disable traction control

·
Registered
907 Posts
yea get under the hood and pull the abs pump fuse in your fuse block, if you dont have many mods, that would be where to start at, plus if you are able to, take a cooler and some ice with you and ice ur intake down between runs, dont hotlap it real hard though, give her time to cool down a bit between runs!!:D:D Let us know your results!!! Good luck:D:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys im down in georgia where its like 85 at night so its still warm i was working on my launches and i just turned my traction control off from inside and held the brake to 2000 rpm and let go and launched. i have a cai and diablo sport tuner for mods well engine mods at least

·
Registered
907 Posts
yea just play with it a little, different people on here have different methods that all work, just depends on your setup, try not to raise your revs too high off the line while holding the brake though, as the Hemi will start pulling timing a little bit and you may bog off the line, most of us are seeing the best times coming off the line at idle, just get ready to hang on, haha cause if you think you launch hard on the street, you will launch even harder on a good prepped track, its an awesome feeling:D:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im so ready i went to the track last week with my friends and i was like i want my jeep i want my jeep and well tonight im doing it.... what about gas and how much should i have in the tank

·
Premium Lurker
4,224 Posts
T/C off, slap into Autostick, punch it on the 3rd yellow light, and don't let your foot off the gas pedal until you reach the end! Also, do your best to drive around the waterbox if you can. If not, make sure you do a quick burnout before you run. Quarter tank of gas and you'll be fine. Good luck!

·
Registered
144 Posts
If your mostly stock add some more air to your tires

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Well theres only 1 1/4 mile and 10 1/8 mile tracks in georgia. If your boone stock you probably wont need a helmet unless you run faster than 8.60 in the 1/8 mile and if you run 1/4 mile you will need a helmet. Depending on the weather you should run in the 8.6 to 8.70s in the 1/8. Now this is works for me when i ran boone stock.
1- 1/4 tank or less of gas.
2 - Put air hot in fronts to 40 lbs and 36 in rears.
3 - Ice intake 1 hr b4 every run.
4 - pull the pink 30 amp ABS/PUMP FUSE. Look on the inside of the fuse box lid and it will tell you which 1 it is. Its in the longer fuse box in engine bay.
5 - drive around water box if you can then do a short burn out to clean the tires and then put lever in 1st in manual mode and let it shift its self. When the 3 rd yellow comes launch at idle.
6 - All this got me a time of [email protected]@ 1.79 60' with a race wt of 5190 lbs.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
its a quarter mile at the silver dollar raceway in reynolds ga and yea i will need a helmet im getting one from my dirt bike buddy starts at 7 ends at 10 or 11
Your in for a long night as heres the weather for 6pm 7/20 12.
Theres a 70% chance of thunder storms tonight.

Heres your track tonight.
temperature: 87 deg f @ 6pm 7/20/12
uncorrected barometer: 29.504 Hg
humidity: 57 %
vapor pressure: 1.294 Hg
dew point: 70.011 deg f
grains: 111.6 (this is the amount of water grains in the air and any thing over 50 sucks)
air density: 91.394 %
density altitude: 3,048.505 ft

·
Premium Member
3,831 Posts
Get a bag of ice on the intake manifold between runs. It will keep you intake cool. These rigs are prone to heat soak, computer will pull timing and slow you down.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
What is this icing y'all are talking about never heard of it before
We did a test with a couple of jeep air cooling there manifold and me icing and spraying my intake manifold with water for 1 hr and there temp on the manifold was 132 degrees and mine was 75 degrees. Its well werth the money for the ice as i buy 40 lbs and use 6 big freezer bags at a time. The water sprayer is the kind gardeners use and it holds 1 gal water. I spray the manifold every 15 min then put the ice back on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.