Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was talking to one of my buddies and he showed me a video of this TBSS. So I looked into it and it is running high 10.83 @ 125 mph and ran it in -355 DA. Just thought you guys might find this interesting.... I think he is running a TVS2300, which is probably a Maggie @ 14 psi of Boost.... According to this guy the TBSS is around 4800 lb and has a full interior as well...

Looks like the TBSS's are catching up guys.....

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70103&highlight=forcefed

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Impressive and not at the same time considering he has a forged block , I ran similar times and basically same race weight on high 8's-9 flat psi with my Vortech and still had room in my tune .

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Impressive and not at the same time considering he has a forged block , I ran similar times and basically same race weight on high 8's-9 flat psi with my Vortech and still had room in my tune .
Yeah the guy seems to have a lot of work done to his Rig from what I see...

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Haha took long enough. Kinda funny a stock block jeep at 7psi on PUMP gas could top that.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Props to the guy, but I wouldn't say one guy running 10.80's is catching up. :D

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Props to the guy, but I wouldn't say one guy running 10.80's is catching up. :D
hehehehe... Yeah barely now as all these guys on here are talking about 9's and 8's:eek:

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Very impressive....for a TBSS :D. JK it's impressive for any SUV to be in the 10 second range in the 1/4, I say congrats to them. But definitely sucks how much more they need to do than us to achieve it.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
There are 2 TBSS's in my town... Both are highly modded and in the 10's... I need to catch up :(

·
Premium Lurker
4,224 Posts
Meh. While congratulations are in order.... you'd think a TBSS would have hit this mark much sooner, considering that the Gen-III Hemi's aftermarket/tuning options pale in comparison to what's available for the LS2. The Jeep community has come so far in such a short period of time that 11-second Jeeps are now becoming blasé.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
For some reason, not many tbss guys mod the awd trucks. They all mod the 2wd trucks because they have a weight advantage over the awd trucks. Jeep guys never got the option of having a 2wd truck from the factory so we just work with what we were given. Was this truck on pump gas or race gas?

J

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
so there's really that big of a difference between the 2WD and 4WD as far as modding?? i remember that fully built 2wd maroon one that stood on the rear bumper. think it ran high 8 or low 9?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Not bad for a TBSS!!
Imagine what our Jeeps would do with a forged stroker motor pushing 14psi of boost with meth injection, stall converter and drag tires on all four corners! We would be at least a full second faster with a heavier race weight.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For some reason, not many tbss guys mod the awd trucks. They all mod the 2wd trucks because they have a weight advantage over the awd trucks. Jeep guys never got the option of having a 2wd truck from the factory so we just work with what we were given. Was this truck on pump gas or race gas?

J
Not sure about the gas JB.... He probably had race gas in there, but who really knows....

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Huge difference. Martin Cox has had his 2wd tbss in the 8s for years. Its stripped out with a stroker on a big shot of spray.

J
Hahaha.... he said COX.:lol:

I ran my 10.51 at 11.5psi. Running 14psi in my Jeep should put me down in the 10.2-10.3 range. I'm still running the stock bottom end though. I'd love to line up next to this thing psi vs. psi. Could be ugly.:eek:

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
that guys sig is way to funny from the tbss sight

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.